Chapter 12: The End of the Beginning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natasha POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel my heart sink to the floor as I here his voice, just the sound of it kills me, but what I heard next surprised me even more.
I saw them all walk right past the door that led to the room I was in, but Fury saw me.

"Natasha I'm glad to see you here, as you can see Thor and Bruce are back unscathed,"he says.

My eyes lock on him.
"Why if I may ask is Sharon Carter here,"I ask him bluntly.

"I thought she might be a valuable member to the team, she does after all have Shield training," he responded.

"Right, of course' I slightly smile at him' Well I'm sure this will be an interesting week," I reply.
I walk away, and make my way down the brightly illuminated hall as I see everyone in the common room. My eyes take in the room, but my eyes slowly cascade to him... to Steve, he was, he was with Sharon.

"Lady Natasha, I'm happy to see you here, safe!" Thor greeted as everyone turned their heads to me.
Great, all eyes on me, an audience.

"Natasha," Bruce says to me. But I hardly notice him, I can't talk to him, I'm to afraid of what i might say.

As I walk towards the couch,I can feel those deep blue eyes staring at me, but then my mind tell me how Sharon is right by his side, my heart couldn't take all this at once, but my brain tells me to be strong.

"Bruce," I say back unemotionally.
I walk past him to go sit next to Wanda on the couch.
After everyone, greeted each other, we all sat in the living room.

So many things were racing through my head, but I can't show weakness.

"After my short time in Fuji, Thor needed my help on his planet...his brother had taken over, but we eventually defeated him again, we soon heard about everything that had happened and Fury asked us to come back and help fight Thanos,"Bruce explained. 

We all nodded. I felt Wanda's hand land on my lap, she smiled at me with those kind eyes.

But I could still see that everything was focused on me, maybe not in words but feelings.  
We kept talking and explaining everything had happened.
Turns out Thor knows more about Thanos and the infinity stones. Thanos' top headquarters are on the dark side of the moon. Hopefully we will have enough time to train, and get our battle plans ready before the real fight begins. But that is a very big thing to hope for.

"Well it's been a long day, I suggest we should all get some rest, and prepare ourselves for what's to come,"I say.

It still pains me that Sharon is still all over Steve, but I guess it's my doing, I did push him away after all. It's for the best, they will be happy together, I tell myself. It's very hard to believe it though, my heart is pulling at me to just go and indulge, but I can't. I need to listen to my head, it's what will keep everyone alive.

As we all leave the room, a voice catches my ears.

"Natasha...do you want to talk"I hear him say.

"About what Bruce, about how you just picked up and left without a care in the world, sure you had done bad things, but you didn't even let us track you," I say, as my eyebrows furrow and all my vent up anger finally slowly seeps through the cracks. My face telling more than the actual words.

"Natasha, I'm sorry, I just had to get away from it all," he said slowly moving closer to me.

"Well next time, a heads up would be nice, but if you do that again, I won't be as easy to forgive and forget," I end, as I quickly walk away and head back to my room.
The setting sun bounces off my hair as I walk down the hall, I see that Sam, Steve and Sharon have started talking again, but I didn't want to continue any more.

As I pull my door open a familiar face reaches me. It was Wanda sitting in the chair at my desk, which was across from my bed.

"Hey, Nat are you ok," Wanda asks.

"...yeah I'm good," I smile at her. I knew I would do most of the talking since it was Wanda.

I sat down criss cross on my bed. 

"Do you realize how much tension there is," she claims.

"I know with bruce being back its just," i began but she cut me off.

"No I was talking about Steve. The whole time he was talking to Sharon........ but his eyes kept coming to you, what exactly happened there,"

"Wanda'... I took a moment to gather my thoughts...' he told me......he told me he loved me, and I just I can't let him, everyone I've ever loved is dead because of me," I try to explain to her.

"Nat you can't just live your life in fear, if you love him that much, which i know you do, you need to tell him, and never let him go," She tries to reason with me, but I'm too stubborn.

"Wanda, I can't just do that, its wrong,"

"No Nat it couldn't be more right, you need to tell him before its to late," she told me one lsat time, and gave a reassuring smile to me as she stood upend left the room.

I let her words sink in, was she right, should I tell him, even if I did tell him, how would he react, after I just pushed him away. This would be a horrible place to start a relationship anyway....

With the world crumbling around us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you all so much for all the reads, votes, and comments!!!

It means so much to me that you have even looked at this book, so thank you and I hope you enjoyed the chapter.😊💜