Chapter 3: Rescue Part 1

Steves POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were back at the raft, there was no way we were getting out this time, The security must have tripled since last time.Tony came to visit once, he told me how everyone was doing and how they kept Bucky in cryo. I was very thankful about that since last he saw him he wanted to kill him. He has changed some over the months I could tell he was lonely. He told me Pepper still hadn't come back. I really had broken the team because if we were still a team none of us would be this lonely we would be family. I slowly pulled my head up to look through the rusty bars of the cell. I looked at Sam who was in the cell across from me.

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this Sam," I apologized.

He then looked up at me and I could read him so well. "Don't mention it, it was my choice, anyway how could I possibly say no to Captain America,"he joked.

"I'm not Captain America anymore," I said sadly
I don't deserve the name Captain America. I destroyed the team the time they needed me most. I let Nat down who over the months had become someone close to me, I don't know what to call her, a friend no, a best friend maybe, but she was something else.And I let her down I messed up the only family she has ever had,because I was holding on to tight to my past. Bucky is my best friend but I've hurt him more than it would then to just lock him up, but I couldn't give up on him.

"Steve you will always be Captain America, you will always be the selfless person that never gave up and fought for what was right,"Sam said.

"Thanks Sam,but the world will never forgive me,"I said.

"Maybe not the whole world but a lot of people don't want to see Captain America fall,"Sam said.

I looked up at him thankfully.He really was a great friend. At this time my thoughts were slowly pulling me away from reality. I kept thinking about Natasha, and how she always found a way to make me laugh, with all her wit she couldn't get away from those grandpa jokes. But then my mind moved to Sharon. And how I kissed her. I don't really know why I did. Maybe it was spur of the moment, I had just lost Peggy. I guess I just thought maybe if I hold on enough she can be the new Peggy. But deep down I knew it wouldn't work. I wasn't in love with her, I was just trying to find a familiarity. But Nat she has always been there for me. I then got this weird feeling in my gut. Did I have feelings for Nat?

Then out of nowhere the whole room filled with foggy grey smoke that engulfed the whole building. I slowly blacked out, but I was still concience. I could feel myself being slowly dragged away by someone. I couldn't believe it. It was...........