Neighbors

Cameron Dallas as JC Carmichael

"JC Carmichael, get your butt down here!" My mom screamed,

I trudged down the stairs of my new house. It was in California and I hate it.

"Buttface hurry up." My older sister, Taylor said.

"I'm right here." I answered, flipping my hair.

A family of brunettes were standing in front of me. It made me a little uncomfortable, especially because I was only in sweatpants.

A guy stepped forwards, "I'm Mike, this is my wife Lynne, and these are our kids.

"Okay then. Mom, I'm gonna go back to getting my room fixed up." I said striding towards the stairs.

Mom caught my shoulder, "This is my son Jacob Christopher," I winced when she said my real name, "He goes by JC, and this is my daughter Taylor."

I forced a smile, "Okay, nice meeting you. Bye." I said, sprinting up the stairs.

Once I was back upstairs, I opened the box with my trophies and medals in it. Participation medals from 1st grade. Y'know, those little plastic ones on the red, white and blue string. Cheap. And then, we had the real medals and trophies, the ones I got, when I started to play football and baseball. When my dad was still alive. Pop Warner medals and trophies. I got out a picture of Dad and me, I was in my pads, helmet in hand smiling like an idiot. I had lost my a couple of teeth, and I was around eight or nine.

I saw my mom and one of the Cimorelli girls at the doorway of my room, "Uh, can I help you?"

"JC. Lauren's starting school for the first time, you guys are the same age, and I want you to show her around." Mom said, gesturing towards Lauren.

Whoa, is all I could think of when I saw her. She was beyond gorgeous, she was perfect. We awkwardly waved at each other.

"Mom, I've never been to that school, unless you count for football practice." I said, before my phone buzzed on my nightstand.

"Ignore it." Mom commanded,

"But what if it's coach, or Braxton." I whined,

"Okay, you can check." Mom complied,

Coach T: Practice rescheduled for 12 PM today. Be there early or do extra laps.

"Mom, we gotta go." I said, urgently picking up my football bag. I checked if I had my pads, helmet and practice uniform. Check, check and check.

"Rescheduled?" Mom asked, and I nodded, " I'm so sorry, maybe you two can talk some other time."

I pulled on a t-shirt really quickly and headed out.

"I'll see you at church tomorrow." Lauren said, a little smile on her lips.

"Yeah, my family's having brunch with yours right?" I asked, returning the smile.

"Yeah. And JC, don't get killed." Lauren smirked, and sauntered out of my room. I raced down to the car and headed for football practice.

*

After a ridiculously long and grueling practice, I changed out of my pads, and put on a pair of basketball shorts and a pair of Vans. I took my phone out of my pocket and texted Mom.

Practice is over

Okay, Taylor's picking you up. I love you.

Love u 2 mom.

I smiled at her ridiculously good grammar. Mom was always bugging Taylor and I about our grammar when we texted.

Taylor's silver Toyota Avalon pulled into the school's parking lot. I walked towards it and yanked open the passenger to see Lauren sitting there.

"Wha?" I asked, sort of weirded out. It's not everyday that you see the hottest girl on Earth, in your loser sister's car.

"First come, first serve." Lauren said, jerking her thumb towards the back seat. I grudgingly sat in the back seat, and glared softly at Lauren. "Don't give me that look!"

"Butthead, don't look at my friend like that. And put a shirt on!" Taylor whined,

"Look at her like what Tay Tay?" I asked mock innocently. Lauren laughed at me.

"Don't call me that dummy." Taylor said, hitting my leg. I winced in pain.

"Ow!" I cried out,

"Yeah, Derek told me that you guys had to run two miles, and do the Combine, like, a hundred times." Taylor said, talking about her stupid boyfriend. First off, the Combine was a 40 yard dash as fast as we could, bench press at least 100 pounds, a 10 yard shuttle run, and a three cone drill. It was basically the simplified Combine of the NFL draft. Derek, was the captain of the football team, world class idiot, and my sisters boyfriend. He'd be pretty cool if he wasn't dating Taylor.

"I gotta go home, bye Tay, by JC." Lauren said, when Taylor parked right beside Lauren's house. We drove home, and I took an ice cold bath. Not shower, but bath.

"So JC, how was your day?" Mom asked me at dinner.

"Painful." I said, short answers were best with my mom

"Taylor? Taylor? TAYLOR?!" Mom said, ending up screaming for my sister.

"She went to bed,." I said, finishing my food.

"NIght JC." Mom said, kissing my cheek.

"Love you Mom. Night. I said, walking up the stairs.

I jumped into my bed and pulled the blanket over my head. Tomorrow was going to be a good day. I would make sure of it.