Take an angel by the wings

Flashforward

"I choose you, Elijah! It's not like I had to make a choice."- Elena said putting both of her hands on his cheeks looking into his eyes-"I am so sorry for everything. And the way things have gone the way they did-"

"Elena! My dear, Elena! None of this matters now."- Elijah traced her face dearly with his fingers.

"Now- you have to listen to me. There is no time. We have to do this. There is no other way and you know it. I made a deal with them."

"I can't do this!"- Elijah said pleading"-please don't ask this of me"- tears welling up in his eyes.

"You have to. We are doing this for her! You are the only one that can protect her. And I am protecting her from giving myself over- please- you have to. They can't know- she has the mystical blood-"- she paused and they looked at one another like there was no tomorrow.
Everything at that moment felt like there is no tomorrow. Elijah caressed her face gently like she was made out of porcelain, then hugging her warmly whispered-

"Always and Forever!"

Elena returned the pledge and moved a little out of the hug to face him-

"I am ready."

"No. Please. We've just got together. One more day. Let's have one more day as a family"- Elijah begged.

Elena teared up. She looked at the clock and then at Elijah and pulled him to her into a kiss that spoke of how much she loved him and that he should remember it for all eternity.

"I love you"- Elijah uttered.

"And I love you"- Elena uttered.

Their hearts reflecting love, pain, understanding, but also hope. Hope that one day universe will grant them to be together again.

Klaus, having knocked at the door walked in.

They knew it was time.

Elena got out of Elijah's arms and went to the crib taking the baby out giving her a kiss on the forehead whispering to her that she loved her more than life and she then walked out of the house passing by the Hybrid, who glanced briefly at his brother with I'm sorry in his eye and followed the doppelganger out. Elijah nodded a little and went to pick up the baby, who was crying now.

Elena now outside standing by her witch friend looking at the house as hypnotized tried to calm all of her emotions screaming violantly to go back in. The witch now chanted words of magic closing the portal and the house,that one stood in the 2104 Maple Street, just disappeared like it had never existed.

The doppelganger now turned to Bonnie taking the dagger from the witch, and with no further ado, ran it right through her heart falling down on the impact.
A few minutes later Bonnie took the dagger out and waited for Elena to get back to her undead life. Elena opened her eyes like she had been under water for a long while looking at the witch breathing heavily as she got up.

"It worked."- Bonnie said happily.

Elena looked at the place of her heart. Everything was in tact.

"Here, drink."- Bonnie now passed a bottle of Elijah's blood to the doppelaganger.

She drank it all up, feeling the potent warm blood run through her veins. Bonnie could see her friend's eyes and face vamp out as the transition was completed.

"Are you ok, Elena?"- the witch asked.

Elena nodded.

"Right, let's go then"- Bonnie said.

Klaus, Katherine and Damon, together with Stefan and Valerie stood waiting for Elena to join them.

"Let's go then."- Elena said and they got into their cars and soon drove out of Mystic Falls.

In the car with Bonnie and Damon towards New Orleans, Elena gazed out of the window into nothingness. And it's like she feels nothing, and she feels like her heart stopped beating.

Oh so, your wounds they show
I know you have never felt so alone
But hold on, head up, be strong
Oh hold on, hold on until you hear them come
Here they come, oh

Take an angel by the wings
Beg her now for anything
Beg her now for one more day
Take an angel by the wings
Time to tell her everything
Ask her for the strength to stay

You can, you can do anything, anything
You can do anything

Look up, call to the sky
Oh, look up and don't ask why, oh

Just take an angel by the wings
Beg her now for anything
Beg her now for one more day
Take an angel by the wings
Time to tell her anything
Ask her for the strength to stay

Just take an angel by the wingsBeg her now for anythingBeg her now for one more dayTake an angel by the wingsTime to tell her anythingAsk her for the strength to stay