And if it feels right by my side

Alaric was having a hard time to deal with his change. His bloodlust was uncontrollable and Caroline didn't know how to cope with him, and unwillingly she snapped his neck, deciding to lock him up in the Boarding House cellar.

The night was far from being free from more trouble. There was one person, who was sure to cause havoc when you think that all was handled. Katherine. A damned soul that now was on phone to Klaus giving him vital information in exchange for her freedom from his never ending pursuit of her.

"Elena Gilbert is very much alive. Happily scampering around Mystic Falls. The one whose blood you so need to sir your precious hybrids"

"And how am I to know you are telling the truth?"- Klaus sifted angrily.

"I have one more information you would like to know. Stefan is not the only one that has double-crossed you. Your dear brother is helping Elena."

"My brother? What are you talking about? He is tucked away safely in his coffin"- Klaus said.

"Well, go have a look if any of your siblings are there were you left them"- Katherine said-"I think not- so do we have a deal? You leave me alone- forever!"

"If all you are saying is true. You will have more than just a deal"- Klaus said hanging up.

Soon he found that Katherine was telling the truth. The fury that ignited in the hybrid's blood was earth shattering. He now swore to destroy his brother and all that were part of the hoax.

****

In the Gilbert house, sleep was not to be had. After Elena went to her room, he stayed on in the kitchen sitting silent, gazing out in the night, his thoughts shut from everything. Elena, tossed and turned in her bed, and then sat up as she got a message from Caroline about her failure to help Alaric. That Damon regained consciousness, and was moaning about they way they just knocked him out, and being in lock down, driving Bonnie crazy with his snarkiness. Caroline now wanted to know all that happened with Elijah and her, so Elena texted away about the kiss and all that followed afterwards.

"OMG!!! But - what is his problem? What exactly was the kiss like? Details! A bet he can kiss"- Caroline wrote.

"Oh, HE CAN KISS!!!!!! I wish it never happened, now I can't think of anything else. It's killing me. I should not be thinking about it."- Elena wrote.

"Stop tripping, Elena."- Caroline wrote-"if it felt right, just Go girl. But I would make him suffer a little, seriously, just going away like that"

Soon, Bonnie was in on it, and the three of them continued texting each other. Bonnie now broke down as to why Elijah moved away- and not wanting to get more into it- Elena being vulnerable- it was actually gentlemanly about him not wanting to take advantage. That made Elena's feelings even more now wedging to the Original. 

And then like out of the blue - there was a call - a private call it said on the display and Elena watched at for a second apprehensive and then took the call-

"Yes"- she said waiting breathlessly to hear who it was-

"Elena-"- the voice uttered-

"Stefan?"- Elena uttered in disbelief.

Downstairs, upon hearing Elena utter Stefan, Elijah flinched out of his meditative state trying hard to block out the conversation, but the flatter of his heart indicated that it would not be able to override it.

The conversation continued -

"Stefan- where are you? What happened? Are you all right?"

"I am fine. You know by now that Klaus knows. I tried to keep him away as long as I could. I am sorry I can't do anything anymore. Take care of Damon for me, please."- Stefan said.