17

*Ethan's P.O.V.*

January 8th

  "You don't get explanations in real life. You just get moments that are absolutely, utterly, inexplicably odd." - Neil Gaiman

"I hate you," I told Ash. He snickered, and watched as I walked into my math class. Said math class had this, Heaven girl in it. Though, now my social anxiety was kicking in, making me want to run for the hills.

He pushed me lightly in, waving goodbye as he made his way to Junior's hallway. I stuck my tongue out at him and walked into the class.

Wednesday, January 8th, read the board, and I saw a girl with bright red hair standing at Mrs. Daniels's desk, talking to her. The girl continued to roll onto the balls of her feet, twist the finger on her left hand, and bite her lip. She bit her lip so much, I was surprised it hadn't started bleeding. She was also stuttering pretty badly and winced whenever she did so.

"Heaven Walters, Heaven Walters, Heaven..." Mrs. Daniels said, running her hand down the board.

"Actually," The girl, Heaven I believe, spoke up. "Can I go by Hailey?" She asked, biting her lip again.

Mrs. Daniels nodded. "Sure, yeah. Uh, you're in the very back seat, next to Ethan Douglas." She said, looking up and smiling.

Hailey smiled at her, and made her way back, shooting me a smile.

She's a lot like Ash, except the awkward part. I thought, then rolled my eyes at my own thoughts. Hailey made her way to the back row, right next to my spot, and dropped all her things to the floor, before bending back over to grab her math textbook. She adjusted the glasses placed on her nose, and looked up at the board, groaning.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" She asked, plopping down into the seat beside mine and burying her hands in her face. I sat beside her, and she looked up at me. Quickly her hands flew from her face, and she winced. "Sorry. Didn't realize you were standing there." She said, moving her chair over slightly.

I sat beside her, and she pulled her phone out of her back pocket, plugging in headphones. She was wearing an old sweatshirt with the words, See you in Hell printed in a nice calligraphy. I recognized the shirt immediately and snorted. She looked up at me, then to her shirt, and blushed slightly.

"S-Sorry, I didn't-"

"It's fine" I said, interrupting her. Her face returned to its normal shade, and I smiled. "I have the same one."

She laughed and raised an eyebrow. "Seriously?"

I gulped. "Y-Yeah."

She smiled at me, shaking her head, before pulling out her earbuds from the sweatshirt's pocket, plugging them in. Her hand got sucked into her sweatshirt, and popped out the bottom, grabbing the earbuds and pulling them into the sweatshirt, dispensing them at the neckline of her shirt. Her hand went into her normal sleeve, and I raised an eyebrow at her.

She looked at me and shrugged. "What? I learned all this stuff at St. Bernadette. I don't need to listen to it again."

I gaped at her. "Seriously? And you passed?"

She blushed. "Yeah. With straight A's."

She looked around the classroom and looked confused. She leaned into me, and whispered, "Why is everyone so quiet?"

I raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

She just looked even more confused. "I mean, this isn't normal. People need to be acting out, not paying attention. Not to be rude as well, but everyone in here is a major-league nerd. Myself included in that answer, so I would also be insulting myself."