Chapter 9 - Giovannni

~David's POV

After I made the call, I went to the police station. The place was very gloomy at night, the lady at the counter told me that he would be back at about half an hour, waited an hour till that same fat guy came running in.

"Hello Mr. Liber, I'm glad to see you"

"Yes Chief same here"

"So what brings you here"

"I'm looking for a list of all the survivors of the bombing"

"Oh really"

"Yes Officer I need it for the contacts"

"Why?"

"Because it would help me with the investigation"

"What investigation?"

"The one that my father is covering"

"The bombing at the Memories Cafe

"Yes"

"Ok just wait...Fabio where are the files!!!!"

"It's here sir" said a skinny guy with specs.

"Ok now be off" he said to the skinny guy

"So why are you helping me?"

"If there's one thing that I believe in its putting those bastards where they belong"

"Ok"

"Those are the names and phone numbers of the survivors"

"Ok"

Going to back to my car I looked at the piece of paper he wrote the names on and I started going through the names....

Erin Drinkwater: 011 785 4282(Telephone)

Wellington Joshua: 092 339 4343(Telephone)

Dave Josephs: 037 737 2480(Telephone)

I decided to go from the bottom to the top and called the phone number of Dave Josephs.

"Hello?" a female voice answered

"Hi I'm phoning to find out where Dave Josephs is at the moment"

"Who are you?"

"I'm David"

"Hello David. I'm Isabella, Dave's at the house in 32 Dellington Street, Giovannni."

"Ok thank you"

The places seemed to be pretty scary for a human to live in but I passed that area and made it to a road that had a billboard sign showing Welcome to Giovannni on it. I did not understand why someone would live in this place. It was pretty deserted. I followed a car down the steep road and we reached the bottom of the steep downhill. At the end of the road there were houses, not that many just a few. I passed the houses one by one till I saw a house with an old sign showing 32. The house looked pretty old to me and was made from bricks ancient bricks. The guy in yard was pretty old and had no hair on his head but even for an old person he looked young. Not like the old people in the streets who are so uptight or walk so slow, no he was like an average human being. I got out and approached him.

"Hello sir"

"Hello" he said like it was regular

"Hello sir is there a Dave Josephs that lives here"

"No Dave Josephs died a few days ago"

How could Dave Josephs die if that lady said he lived here?. Unless she didn't know

"How did he die?"

"He was in the hospital and then he died. The doctor says he died from a heartattack but I don't believe it. Josephs was a strong man never suffered from no diseases. Least of all heart diseases. He was brave and strong. Just like my wife...Oh I must've gotten carried away I'm Dave Chille"

"Oh I'm David Liber. I'm here because I heard of Dave Josephs"

"Yeah he was a good man."

"Uhm do you perhaps know anything about the bombing"

"Yes the bombing happened at Memories Cafe. I remember exactly why he didn't die at the cafe"

"Why?"

"Because the guy bombed the area in the front of the cafe"

"How do you know all of this?"

"Because I was supposed to meet Dave at the cafe but I was stuck in traffic, so when I arrived it was exactly just one minute before the bomb went off"

"So how did the bomb blow?"

"It blew in the middle of the cafe as I said but luckily for Dave it was further away from him than ever"

"So where was Dave?"

"He was standing at the cafe waiting for me. The reason I didn't get damaged as much as he did is because I was still in the car, looking for my phone because it sometimes slips out of my pocket as it is big"

"So you were in your car and Dave was at the counter, so where did the bomb blow off"

"In the middle by a plant near a table"

"Was there a person at the table?"

"No not that I know of"

"Ok so why weren't you included in the list of survivors"

"I drove off immediately"

"Why?"

"I wasn't that badly hurt"

"But why?"

"I just needed to go out of there"

"Did anybody leave before you"

"No"

"Ok thank you, but before I leave how did you know that it was a guy"

"A lady can't do such a heartless thing"

Something told me he was lying.

"Yes ok thank you for the information it was very helpful sir"

"Ok"

"Thank you again"

As I turned around something strange happened. A car came out of nowhere and hit both of us. Dave and I were on the floor and that's all that I remember.