Chapter 18 - A Past Forgotten??

Author Comment:

The promised chapter is here...About a special couple. Things are going to get more interesting from Chapter 15...I worked on this chapter till late in the night so please do read through it...This is my longest chapter in the whole story so please take breaks when reading it...Enjoy

Chapter 18 – A Past Forgotten??

Previous chapter...

~Devon's POV

I went back to bed and hoped and prayed that I would not end up there again. I fell asleep after an hour of fear of falling asleep and landing there again. This time when I woke up was in a dark space, there was nothing but darkness here. A still small voice kept on calling my name and it would get louder each time. Till it finally stopped and then this voice was followed by a high screeching noise similar to the noise a broken radio makes when trying to use it. Then the high screeching noise was followed by a voice that sounded so familiar. "Devon you must hurry before it's too late...he's coming to get you"

I slept soundly after that. I woke up the following morning and opened the diary with its beautiful italics and border. I continued reading from where I last stopped...

___________________________________________________________________________

~Devon's POV

For some reason when I read this diary, I get visions of what I'm reading, almost like a superpower in the superhero movies. As I read from where I last stopped, a torrent of images flashed across my mind. Images of an apartment building and of someone I can barely recognize because the images are hazy, but the images start getting clearer and clearer, then I can recognize the person that I'm seeing and the apartment that he is in. It's Detective Cohen and he is in his PJ's and is preparing his breakfast. As these visions became more realistic and clearer I felt like I was in the apartment with Detective Cohen. For a moment I thought he could see me because he was looking this way for a brief moment. But then I realized that he was looking at what was behind me, the television.

I turned around and glued my eyes to what was displayed on the small screen. His television wasn't big but the right size for one person living alone. A reporter was reporting news about the consecutive killings that have occurred within such a short time period. Images of dead bodies and blood displayed on the screen as the reporter reported in detail about each of the crime scenes. She stated that the killer has not been found nor has any clues of who they are or what they are planning to do next been uncovered. Detective Cohen's brows were furrowed and his eyes were squinted. Then suddenly it felt like I was going back in time because the visions were reversing the movements of Detective Cohen. My mind somehow became one with Detective Cohen's or rather a part of his, as his thoughts were shared with my mind.

~Detective Cohen's POV

Got up early today, thought about David my only son, the strange dream that I had and what it meant. Was there truly a meaning behind it, he was on the car and was full of blood all over his body. The dream took place at the exact place he died or perhaps was killed. He told me that there was a single person behind all of the killings, if this was possible, this find would make the investigation much easier. But all these killings occurred within a short time frame, it couldn't be possible that one person was capable of all of this. They would need help from some people and acquired the right equipment that would make it possible.

If it is possible that only one person is capable of this, does this mean that they already have access to all the necessary resources to complete the killings. If they had access to the resources they would have to be someone important or rich in society. This over thinking made my stomach grumble and groan a loud noise. I need to first focus on breakfast and showering, and then I can focus on the investigation. My wife would always tell me this when I would be awake early in the morning, working on an assignment or case. She would put her hands in front of what I was working on and instruct me to go shower and wait for breakfast. I would obediently do what she says because she was never taking no for an answer.