Diambow 3

Please be the rainbow when the rain goes away

"Really, (L/N)-chan? I like the main lead more."

"Second main lead please. I'm going to get second main syndrome if this keeps up." you laughed. You stopped to see Nijimura standing in front of your locker, looking like he was waiting for someone. "Come on."

"Oh. (L/N). Yo." Nijimura greets, raising his hand. Your eyes were closed; you turn your face to the other side, intentionally showing that you were refusing to take notice of the upperclassmen. Nijimura though ignores your attitude, grabbing your wrist. "Don't leave." He turns to your friend with his annoyed usual face like he has when lecturing his teammates, "Sorry. But I'm going to borrow her for a bit."

"Huh?" you let out a small "agh" as he dragged you to somewhere. "Oi! Let me go!"

And he did which surprised you since you didn't think he would. "Sorry. I just wanted to talk to you."

"I don't want to talk to you." you mumbled.

"So why do you hate me?" he asks, bluntly. You continued to walk but this time, while staring at the ground, still feeling a bit bad of what you told him. You ended up not answering him as you two made it out of the gate. He turns to you as you stop to look at him. "You don't have to answer. Is there anywhere you need to go today?"

"No." you said, shaking your head.

"I have some free time on my hands. Do you want to come visit my dad in the hospital with me?" Though he felt a little bad, Nijimura was actually using this excuse to be with you a little longer while he visit his dad.

"Your dad is in the hospital?" you asks, trying to sound concern.

"Yeah." he answers, slowly.

"I guess I'll go. Don't take it the wrong way." you pouted.

"Okay. I won't. Come on." he said, leading the way. He didn't think you were going to accept his invitation which was making him grin like an idiot that he couldn't show you his face right now. For a moment, you stood there watching him, and smiled as you hurry to catch up to him.

❖❖❖

"Hi dad. How are you feeling today?" Nijimura asks, putting his backpack down. You stood there waiting for Nijimura to introduce first.

"I'm fine but you're not going to introduce me to your friend?"

"O-Oh! I'm (L/N) (Y/N). It's nice to meet you." you greeted first before Nijimura can introduce.

"(L/N)-chan?"

"Um.. Nijimura-senpai, I'm sorry but can you please get out?" you asks with a fake smile on your face.

"Huh?" Nijimura asks, looking bewildered. You started to scoot him to the door.

"I want to talk to your dad. Go buy some refreshments or something." you suggest as the door closes on Nijimura. He stares at the door, shocked. You turn around and smile. "It's been a long time since I last saw you, Nijimura-san." 

"Yes, it has been awhile. How are you? Are you and Shuuzo getting along?" Nijimura's dad asks with a warm smile.

"I'm fine. But unfortunately, senpai has forgotten who I am. Ah! Please keep it a secret from him. I want him to find out on his own. A small punishment for forgetting who I am." you winked, walking up to Nijimura's father.

"I pray he'll find a girl like you in the future. Take care of him for me will you?"

"Please don't sound like you're going to die. Senpai, no, Shuuzo-san still needs you!" His father laughs but his smile faded and looked at you with a serious expression.

"How's your father?" you looked at the sickly man, surprised and shakes your head. "I see." Nijimura's father starts to cough. Worried, you tried to give him water but he wouldn't take it and continue to cough harder.

"Doctor!? Nurse!? Someone, help!"

❖❖❖

Nijimura sighs, carrying a bag. "Lately, I've been sighing alot. That girl ordering her upperclassmen around." he mumbles, "I'll make sure to lecture later. She should treat her upperclassmen with respect." Nijimura looks up seeing you standing there, trembling. He quickly rushes to your side and looks at his father being treated by the doctors. He looks back at you and uses his hands to cover your eyes. "Idiot. Why are you crying?"

❖❖❖

"They said he's fine." Nijimura assures. "How do you know my old man?"

"..Your parents knew mines. They were good friends." you explained, taking a while to answer, "How long has he been in the hospital?"

"Last year." he answers, "Don't worry too much about it."

"I'm going to go home now." you announce, standing up.

"Can I walk you home?"

"Please don't get ahead of yourself, senpai. It would be troublesome for me if my friends think we're dating." you looked at the rainbow senpai, annoyed. 

"Let them think that then." Nijimura smiles. You avert your eyes away. Nijimura smiles, thinking how cute his lowerclassmen was. He was so attracted with you and he doesn't know why. He just hope that the two of you now were just a little closer then before.

Please be the diamond to shine my day

-----------------------------------

Oi. Give me your hand. I'm going to put this diamond ring and ask you to marry me. 

I'll protect you and be your family. So say yes and marry me.

"I promise, I'll protect you." I wanted to say. But my days turn harder for me to go on." -Lyrics belong to DenZero