Chapter 13 - The Truth Comes Out

Miss Pipper stopped smiling and actually looked scared. Mrs Lattimore looked at Bridge, who nodded then looked down. Mrs Lattimore continued.

"Bridgette Jackson has been coming to see me for about 2 weeks now. It has been about Seth O'Neill." The whole room went silent. We looked at Bridge, who had begun to cry. Mrs Lattimore looked at her again, and Bridge nodded once more.

"On December the second, she told me that she had met Seth and they had gone on a date. About two days after, she told me that he had harassed Gwen Hutchinson by squeezing her behind. She then revealed that when she confronted him about this, he slapped her across the face." Bridge had her head in her hands and was bawling her eyes out. She, however, nodded, giving permission for Mrs Lattimore to go on.

"Later, she informed me that he had touched Ashlee Finch's breast and then forced her to kiss him. This time, when Bridgette went to confront Seth, he punched her shoulder, giving her a bruise." We all looked at Bridge who revealed a massive bruise on her shoulder. Mrs Lattimore persisted, "She then told me about the nude photo. She showed me a text that Seth had sent her." Bridge pulled out her phone and we all viewed a text that said;

Bridge, send me a photo of ur sexy self, naked. If i dont get one by tomorrow i will knock that gorgeous head of urs off ur neck.

We were all stunned. Especially Miss Pipper. This time Mrs Lattimore looked at Bridge and nodded.

"I didn't come forward about all this because I was afraid he'd find out. Then I wouldn't know what he'd do to me." Bridge's eyes were wide with fear and bloodshot from crying. "I told Mrs Lattimore not to tell anyone, but she convinced me that if you knew, well, you could punish him. It wasn't fair what he did to me, nor these three."

There was a terribly long pause, that made us all anxious. We looked at Miss Pipper.

"I apologise, Miss Jackson. That is a horrible thing for any girl to go through. And I apologise to you three as well. It's a terrible thing not to be believed. I am so sorry. Miss Jackson, your suspension is scratched. I will call your parents right away. And as for Seth O'Neill. Well, I will make sure the police here about this. I may need that text message though and a statement from you three. He can be put away for a long time."

"Does this mean I can go to the formal?!" Bridge squealed.

"Absolutely!"

Bridge wrapped her arms around Mrs Lattimore. We ran up to Bridge and embraced her with all our strength. It was the first time in a long time that I had actually seen Bridge smiling.

"Thank you Miss Pipper," we say, then link arms and skip out the door.