Chapter 4 - Bridgette

"Hey sweetcheeks." Seth held flowers behind his back in one hand and with the other he squeezed Bridgette's ass. Bridge took the flowers, blushed big-time and laughed like a maniac. Ashlee, Remi and I left Bridge there to stare longingly at Seth as we went to get us a table at the cafeteria. Halfway through our lunch, Bridge, with a massive smile on her face, skipping to our table, squealed, "He asked me out!" She revealed to us that she was going out tonight and he was taking her to the most expensive restaurant in town and that he would also be taking her to the formal.

"You know, you don't have to boast. All the guys want you. You don't have to rub it in our faces." This outburst from Remi shocked us all as she had never yelled in her life. She got up, with her lunch, with such a force she knocked the chair over. "Hey, it's okay Remi. Wait for me." Ashlee ran after her, looking back to glare at Bridge. "They're just jealous." Bridge said simply. She flicked her hair and strut off to Seth's table.

Bridge had never been like that before. She was never full of herself and would never diss her friends like that. But she was right. Ashlee and Remi WERE jealous and Bridge always DID get the guy. That was precisely what I was worried about.

 I just hoped it didn't destroy the pact we made 5 years ago.

***

My mobile buzzed just as I was about to drop off to sleep. It was 10pm. Bridge was texting me. I almost forgot; she and Seth had a date tonight.

B: He is so so so soooo HOT!!! And such a gentleman *blush*

G: Yeah, right

B: Ur not jealous 2 r u?

G: No! Seth is a creep. He is only going out with u so he can sleep with u.

B: U DON'T EVEN KNOW HIM!!!! :(

G: No, but I know he was checking me out the other day

B: AS IF! U r sooo JEALOUS! I thought u were my friend. Seth is NOT that type of guy!

G: R u calling me a liar???? 

B: YES AND A JEALOUS b@#*&!

G: Hey! Come on Bridge, I thought we were friends! And Remi. And Ashlee. U totally dissed them today! 

B: WE R NOT FRIENDS! FRIENDS SUPPORT EACH OTHER. SHOVE UR NON-EXISTENT SUPPORT UP UR ASS! REMI AND ASHLEE 2! 

I was so shocked I couldn't reply. How could she say that about me and Ashlee and Remi? I stared at my friendship bracelet. What just happened? I was fighting back tears and I started to question whether we could truly be best friends forever.