Chapter 2 - Slumber Party

The clock ticked 10pm as I started the third horror movie we had watched that night- the night of our first slumber party, aged 13. As the ominous started, a strange creature made all of us jump. Bridge grabbed hold of Remi and they huddled together under the blanket. Ashlee and I were a little braver, but I felt her squeeze my hand. It was coming up to the climax of the movie and Mum knocked on the door. It gave us such a fright we all screamed. "It's just me! I brought snacks," laughed Mum, as she handed us a huge platter of pretzels, popcorn, chocolates, a bowl of ice-cream each and a large bowl of snake lollies - all of our favourites. "Jeez, thanks Mrs Fischer!" exclaimed Bridge lunging at the bowl of lollies. 

When the movie finally came to an end, Bridge pulled out her phone and played hip hop music a little too loud. We each had signature moves. Bridge was famous for her rocking DJ, Remi for her scuba diver, Ashlee for Hawaii moves and me for my excellent sprinkler.

We danced till we dropped, literally. We slumped down onto the king size mattress.  "I'm so full I am gonna explode!" gasped Bridge. "I am all danced out!" Remi said, yawning. Ashlee and I nodded in agreement. 

"Hey guys, I think we should make an agreement." I pulled out these gorgeous friendship bracelets with all of our names on it, decorated with pearls. We sat in a circle and held hands. "As long as we wear these bracelets, and never take them off, we will be BFFs, no matter what." We repeated this in unity and helped each other put on our bracelets. As the clock ticked midnight, smiles on our faces, we fell into a deep sleep.