Chapter 11 - Poor Bridge

With just one day until the formal, we didn't need any drama. But that just wasn't possible with Seth involved. We'd just found out that Bridge had sent a nude photo to Seth. We got her to calm down by telling her that it wouldn't go past him; that he'd have the decency to keep it to himself. But we were wrong....

I met Ashlee at the front gate and together we walked down to our spot. When we got there, Bridge had her head in her hands, crying her eyes out. We ran over, "OMG, what's wrong Bridge?" Ashlee was just as worried as I was and we feared we knew what was wrong.

Bridge pulled out her phone. On her Instagram account, there was a picture of her naked! "Why did you..." my voice trailed off, as I realised what Seth had done. He had created a fake account for Bridge and posted that picture of her on it. But above all, he added everyone in the school in to see the image! What a jerk!

Remi rushed over. She had her phone out too. She knew. She embraced Bridge like a little child hugged her teddy. We all began to cry. Poor Bridge. How could he? The bell signalled it was time for first period so we all went our separate ways. At least Remi and Bridge were in the same class.

A voiceover on the speaker crackled, "Bridgette Jackson, can you please go to the principal's office immediately. Bridgette Jackson to the principal's office. Thank you."

At first break, Ashlee, Remi and I assemble at our spot under the tree.

"Where's Bridge?" Ashlee and I say in unison.

"She's been at the principal's office the whole two hours. I think her parents even had to come."

"Poor Bridge."

"How can they think she done it? This is outrageous! We need to see the principal right now!"

"Gwen, just stay calm. We can sort this out when Bridge comes to lunch. We all must go as witnesses. We have to be patient and rational about this." Once again Ashlee made perfect sense.

About 20 minutes later, Bridge comes out of the office, accompanied by her clearly furious parents. Her shoulders were slouched, her face as white as a ghost and her eyes were blood-shot.

"I've been suspended," she says, "And I'm not allowed to go to the formal."