Ambush

2 weeks later:

You got a call in the middle of the night.
It was Namjoon.
If it had been anyone else, you would have ignored it. There had been many a prank call from the maknae line at 1:00 in the morning, which caused you to mostly ignore any calls that came in at night. However, it was Namjoon, and Namjoon wouldn't call you at this hour unless it was serious.
"Y/N, you need to come quick. Something happened." His voice was stressed and he sounded as if he had been recently crying. You were immediately out of bed, scrambling to put on something presentable and trying to find shoes as you spoke. "What is it? What happened? Is everyone okay? Is Jimin okay?"
"I don't know..." he whispered desperately.
"Where are you right now?" You demanded.
"We're at the hospital."
"We?" You screeched as you ran out to the car. You ran past your mom's room, too desperate to tell her where you were going. "You're all there? Is anyone else hurt?"
Namjoon hiccuped over the phone. "Yoongi hyung, and Jungkookie too. I think everyone else is okay, they just had more than one man on them."
You were in the car, cranking the ignition when you paused. "Men on them? What are you talking about?"
"Just get here, Y/N," Namjoon sighed. "I'll fill you in then."
"I'm on my way," you said shortly before hanging up. If your boys were hurt, someone would pay. And you wouldn't have any mercy on them.

***
They had been ambushed.
After seeing a movie at the cinema, the seven boys had been walking past an alley to go home when they had been attacked. They never saw it coming; who would be crazy enough the attack a group of seven large men? That's exactly why they were so shocked.
They were also outnumbered.
One man on Jin, Namjoon, and Taehyung each. Two on Jimin and Hoseok because they were strong and limber. Three on Jungkook because of his size and strength, and a whopping four men on Yoongi. While Yoongi wasn't necessarily strong, his cleverness, anger, and sheer determination made him a more terrifying opponent than even broad and massive Kookie.
These men were obviously knew the boys well enough to arrange their numbers accordingly.
"The boys held them off though," Namjoon had told you, a hint of pride shining through his worry. "Jin, Tae and I were able to hold back the men. So did Jimin and Hobi."
Yoongi and Jungkook had both been struggling with their third man when the men had injected some kind of clear liquid into their veins by way of painful syringe, Jungkook in the arm and Yoongi in the neck. Jimin, after kicking his second man hard enough in the privates to assure he would never have children, attempted to help Yoongi with the two men attacking him. In the process he, too, was injected with the liquid.
After the attackers had been beaten to a pulp by their victims, they had quickly realized their mistake in underestimating the young men and fled.
Now you sat, surrounded by four blackened and bloody boys as you all stared worriedly at the emergency room which contained your three friends. The boys had finally convinced you about an hour ago that they were fine, the worst of the injuries being Hobi's bloody lip. Finally, a nurse came toward your group, armed with a smile and a clipboard. You all jumped up, eager to know anything.
"Your friends are going to be fine," the nurse told them gently. "We've run some tests on them and can't detect any harmful substances in their system." She glanced doubtfully at the boys. "You're positive they received a drug of some sort?"
The four boys nodded rapidly. Hoseok gripped your hand, almost in tears. Though you had heard horror stories about him when his temper had finally snapped, you couldn't believe that the boy had just beat another man so hard that his jaw almost snapped. He seemed too fragile for that.
"Your friends can go home after some paperwork is filled out," the  nurse continued. "Would you like to see them now?"
You filed in a line behind the nurse, entering the room where the three boys were being kept.
"Muffin!" Jimin's voice was loud and he wiggled his arms at you the second you walked in. Taking that as a sign that he was completely okay, you moved to check on Jungkook first. The maknae seemed to be the most shaken of the three. He sat on the hospital bed, wrapped up in a blanket, pale and shaking. He gave you a weak smile when you sat on the edge of his cot. "Hi Kookie," you whispered, instantly wrapping your arms around his shoulders. He huddled against you and you felt a few tears against your shirt as he trembled. You heart broke for the boy who was usually so cute and bright. You backed off as Taehyung tackled the boy in an embrace, and moved to the middle bed to see Yoongi.
He was murderous.
Yoongi sat, fuming silently. You could just hear the plot options running through his head, and you knew his thoughts. Yoongi was loyal. No one got away with hurting his family.
"Oppa," you said to him softly, bringing his mind to the present. You only called most of them that on occasion, when you were really serious- but with Yoongi, you had always called him oppa, maybe so you could feel a bit closer to his introverted personality.
"Y/N," Yoongi said.
"Don't worry. They'll catch them," you said to the older boy. "And you will be fine."
"I know," Yoongi replied, smiling gratefully at your words.
You nodded to him, embracing him slightly, "I'm glad you're safe," you whispered.
Jimin was glaring at you by the time you finally reached his cot.
"Yah, Y/N, I got hurt too!" Jimin grabbed your hand, bringing it to his face and whimpering. "Look!" He released you to pull his hospital gown down, showing you a massive black bruise beginning to spread across his ribs.
"Chim!" you gasped. You started to touch the nasty mark, but you didn't want to hurt him.
"It hurts, Muffin," Jimin whined.
"Maybe you could kiss it and make it better, Y/N," Yoongi said dryly.
All of the boys laughed . You rolled your eyes.
"You guys are just fine," you muttered.
You stayed with the boys in the hospital room while Namjoon and Jin went to fill out the paperwork. After that, they were going to give the police their statement.
You sat by Jimin's bed, watching as Yoongi and Kookie drifted off due to utter exhaustion.
Jimin simply laid back on his pillow, staring at you. His eyes would start to close, but he would shake himself seconds before sleep took him. Getting tired of it, you finally just reached over and used two fingers to slide his eyelids closed.
He grumbled in complaint, moving your hands away.
"Go to sleep," you chided softly.
"No," he said, pouting like a child. You rolled your eyes agin, wondering how long it would be before they popped out of your sockets from rolling back so much. Your emotions were boiling up inside of you, but you managed to hold them down.
Jimin scooted over on his hospital bed, patting the empty space expectantly. Knowing better than to argue with him, you moved to lay beside him. He winced when you brushed against his bruised stomach.
"Big baby," you mocked.
***

It was an unspoken mutual agreement that Jimin was staying at your house. His dad was gone on a trip anyways. You had texted your mom about the situation after arriving at the hospital, and she was waiting up with a batch of Jimin's favorite cookies ready. She hugged the breath out of Jimin before sending the both of you upstairs, armed with the food. Jimin trailed after you into your room and you let him. There was no way you were asking him to go to the guest room tonight. You might have tried to hide the brunt of your emotions for the boys' sake in the hospital, but you needed to know that your best friend was safe and sound tonight. You crawled into bed. Jimin set aside the plate of food, untouched, and joined you. Almost instantly you were gathered into his tight embrace, both of you with tears leaking our of your eyes. Both of your chests heaved with great sobbing breaths.
"I was so scared," you cried into his chest. "When Namjoon called me, I was so scared. That you weren't okay."
Jimin sobbed into your neck. "Me too. Y/N, I thought I wouldn't ever see you again."
You wrapped so tightly together that you couldn't tell where you ended and he began. Your tears mixed together, salty and full of your emotions.
"Don't ever do that again," you hugged out.
Jimin laughed brokenly against your neck. His wet lips pressed hard to your forehead. "Muffin," he mumbled. "I love you. And I'm still scared because what if that stuff he put in us-"
You sat up a little and cupped his cheeks, bringing his gaze to yours. "Park Jimin," you said with certainty. "You're going to be just fine. I love you too. And you'll be okay."
Jimin smiled at you, his eyes puffy and swollen from crying. You hugged him again, feeling him relax in your arms. In his embrace, you noticed how good he smelled and his warmth seeped into you. You sighed, your heart unconsciously starting to beat faster in your chest. You both drifted off into a deep sleep, holding each other tightly.

_____________________

"How many did you say? You missed four of them?!"
The man cowered beneath his boss's rage. "S-sir, we didn't-"
"You had more than enough men!" The boss roared. "How did you miss four of them?"
"All three of them reacted!" The man blurted the words out and waited to get slapped. The hit never came.
"What did you say?" The boss hissed.
The man gulped, shifting uneasily as he looked at his boss. "A-all three that we injected... they've all shown signs of reactions . All of them."
"All of them..." the boss repeated. "Impossible..." The boss rose from his chair, drifting over to gaze out the massive window. "We haven't had that many reactions from one targeted group since the beginning of the experiment." Lost in thought, the boss stared unseeingly through the clear surface. "There were four others, you say?"
"Yes sir."
"I'll give you one more chance. Finish it."
____________________________________________________________

Hello everybody!
This is my first ever fanfic, not only on Wattpad but on everything, so please don't murder me if it isn't any good😂
Hopefully the later chapters will be longer than these first couple, so bear please with me. Thanks for reading!