|6|Blooming Friendship

[Yugi's P.O.V]

I offered to look after the game shop for grandpa so he could have the day off. Joey, Tristan and Téa should be coming over to keep me company this afternoon though. Yami came clamping down the stairs. "Yami where are you going?"

"Kaiba and duel," he said rushing out with his duel disk.

[Reader's P.O.V]

Yesterday was my first day, today is Saturday now. I had promised Rio I would spend the day with her because I had lunch with Jaden and his friends. I rolled over to stretch but ended up on the floor.

"What are you doing down there?" Rio giggled.

"I fell," I grumbled.

"Why did you fall over?"

"I didn't do it on purpose, I was stretching," I explained. Rio and I got dressed and walked to the breakfast hall. We sat down and chowed down. Soon we were signing out of the school and walking downtown.

"So where do you want to go?" I asked.

"Well I want to buy new clothes and duel monster cards," she answered. I nodded my head. I brought a singlet with the quote 'I solemnly swear I am up to no good' and a wand underneath, also new jeans and plaid. Rio brought a dress. As we were searching for a game shop that sold duel monster cards we reached a crowded area.

Crap I'm losing Rio.

"Hey Rio wait up!" Eventually I lost sight of her blue/purple hair. I pushed through the mass of people, heading in the direction I last saw Rio. The street I found my way to was empty. There was no sight of Rio. I peered into a alleyway checking if she was there. Then again why would she be in a alleyway? It wasn't deserted like I expected. Two males around my age seem to be discussing something. The first one had sandy blonde hair and tanned skin. He was wearing a sleeveless purple hoodie that stopped at his waist and jeans. The other one had white hair that stopped just above his mid back. He was also wearing jeans along with a blue and white striped shirt.

I should carry on before they notice me.

I walked pass trying to look discreet as possible. They didn't acknowledge me and instead kept talking. Venturing down the street a little more I came across a game shop.

Maybe Rio is in here. She did want duel monster cards.

Popping into the store I caught sight of a tri color haired boy behind the counter. He brightened up at the sight of me.

He was probably bored out of his mind. Maybe I'm his first customer of the day?

"Hello miss, welcome to the game shop. Are you looking for anything in particular?"

"Oh well you see..." I explained the situation about losing my friend and how I assumed she would be at a game store waiting for me to catch up or something like that. The boy nodded in understanding.

"Feel free to stay here and wait for her if you want, I'm sure she will pass by here soon." He gave me a gentle smile.

He's such a cute cinnamon roll. He reminds me of a baby panda.

"My name is Yugi Muto, what's yours?"

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N), nice to meet you Yugi."

"So do you play duel monsters?" he asked.

"Yeah, I actually attend Duel Academy."

"Me too! Maybe we will see each other in the corridors or we could have lunch together sometime," Yugi offered.

"That would be great. What's your favorite card?"

"Mine is Dark Magician."

"That's cool mine is (F/C)."

Yugi and I talked and shared our interests for at least an hour. The door ringed signaling someone has entered.

"(Y/N) I've been looking everywhere for you! Hey who's that?" Rio gestured to Yugi.

"Oh this Yugi Muto, a friend of mine." A small smile graced Yugi's lips. You had only known him for just over an hour and you already consider him a friend.

"Do you sell duel monster cards?" Rio wondered aloud.

"Of course, I will get them for you." Yugi ducked behind the counter soon coming up with packets of cards. After Rio brought some I choose a single booster pack to buy.

"Bye Yugi I will see you at school," I waved.

"Yeah looking forward to it!"

When we arrived back at our dorm we opened our booster packs. "(Y/N) did you get any cards you like?" Rio asked, noticing the smile I had.

I gazed at the card I was holding, "yeah, I did."

It was the Dark Magician.

[A/N] Finally got motivation to continue the story. I had no idea what to write when this idea popped into my head so this was the result. Anyway I have an idea for the next chapter so hopefully I will have that written and published soon. Also I updated the list of love interests for the final time, probably, so check that out. It's the first author note chapter.