For the rest of the drive, they stayed in silence,the awkward air was stuffy, so when they arrived back at Natsu's house, it was amazing to feel the cold Autumn air.

Nothing was said as the two headed upstairs and into Natsu's room, she just taken off her work top, which revealed to have a vest under and her leggings were mandatory anyway so she was ready for bed.

So she climbed in and zoned out immediately.

But Natsu watched her as she slept, she faced towards him, her lips pursed in a silent thought in dream he'll never know, her hair framed her face and her cheeks were tinted pink, she smelt like him, why did she smell like him?

"Nat..su." She mumbled shuffling closer to him before opening her eyes "What?" She mumbled again slowly opening her eyes drowsily.

Was she actually asleep or had it been a few hours that he was staring for?

He stared for a second, unsure if she was actually awake or not "Are you awake now Lucy?" He whispered.

Her small head slowly nodded "Ye-ah.. Bad dream." She sat up, letting the duvet fall off her slender body "I wanna go for a walk."

"You can't Lucy, not yet." He calmly said, sitting up and used his hands to let her lay back down slowly "We can go for a walk tomorrow morning."

Refusing to lay down, she sat back up but with more force, she had tears in her eyes "I want to go for a walk." She said standing up.

She threw on his jacket and got into some boots and went downstairs and he reluctantly followed.

"Hold up , I'm coming with you!" He said grabbing her arm and she turned around and smiled.

They walked the path beside his house and like always, it was lit up by the street lamps, it was early December and freezing "You sure you ain't cold Lucy?" He asked nudging her shoulder.

She nodded and stared at the sky "Natsu, it's snowing." She muttered putting her hand out to catch the first flake.

Her eyes lit up and she grinned up at him "Isn't it beautiful?"

"Yeah, with how pale you look, you look like you could fade away into the snow." He said cupping her cheeks.

Her brown orbs softened and she leant her head into his warm hand "I'm sorry." She whispered.

"Why?"

He let go of her cheeks and she leant against the raining that was oddly placed either side of the pathway "I left didn't I, for four years I left you alone, no explanation."

"It's okay, I understand why." She looked at him, her elbows going cold from the rusting metal "You were dealing with a lot, almost got married to some old dude, you wanted to escape."

She bit her lip and nodded "Yeah."

Natsu unravelled the scarf he wore and put it around her neck "You'll get cold." He simply said before releasing a breath of steam "I wanted to do the same, run away n' stuff but I couldn't leave the house."

"I wish I had stayed with you." She muttered loving the warmth against her neck.

Lucy noticed that he tilted his head to frown down at her and she nervously chuckled "I loved you so much, my heart ached everyday, I'd wake up cold, hearing nothing but the loud talking of Brandish."

He let out a tentative sigh "So you're saying you don't love me anymore?" He asked twirling the ring on his finger.

"I still love you, I never stopped." She croaked out "And I'm sorry for the pain I caused." She cried clutching his jacket closer to her body "I feel like such an idiot."

The man beside her laughed and she glared at him before he kissed her again "I love you so much Lucy, so so much."

She sniffled and cried "I-I wish I could go back and fix e-everything I've ever done!" She whimpered falling onto the cold floor.

Natsu dropped next to her "Luce, I know right now, everything seems broken, you want to say goodbye to a dad you should hate, you want to make sure your mother is safe but you can't." He stood her up and wiped some snow off her shoulders.

"You need to understand that I am here for your future, I will make you happy and you will make me happy." He smiled and she smiled back at him "I know that we haven't had the most straight forward relationship but I want to be with you."

She grabbed his warm hand and kissed it "I want to be there, I will be there."

"Does this mean you'll tell me everything?" He asked squeezing her hand and smiled when she  nodded.

The two walked back to the house, hand in hand, they were definitely not the most stable couple but as long as they had eachother, they will be okay, they will make it.

____________________

Sorry for spelling mistakes and grammar errors and such, my life has been busy with my mother and the hospital but I'm hoping to be updating quicker now.

Next chapter will most likely be a lemon, so you can ignore it if you're not comfortable with it.