Chapter 16

Elisabeth's POV

It felt like bliss. Walking on the familiar roads of what I used to call home after a long time. I enjoyed the cool air that struck my face with every step I took after exiting the tube at Caledonian Road.

There was a certain density in the air as I walked towards the prison my mother was previously held in, my thoughts wondering around how she managed to escape.

She was an evil woman. That much I was well aware of, but it wasn't the easiest of things to escape a prison...unless you have an alibi.

The HMP Pentoville came into view, my eyes alert of anything and everything around me, my cop instincts kicking in instantly. I approached the blue doors slowly, my eyes fixing on the eerie surroundings. Through the bars, I noticed a man in a police uniform, pacing from one side to another.

"Hello?" I called out, gaining his attention.

"Yes Miss, how can I be of help?"

"My name is Elisabeth Walker, I was told that my mother, Mary Walker escaped from prison about a day ago" I announced, his eyes widening at my statement, his hands immediately reaching for the bars to open the door for me.

"Yes Miss, come right this way." He answered, guiding me inside the building into a room at the far corner of the corridor.

He opened a dull, white, wooden door, leading towards a few other suited men sitting behind the screens of CCTV.

A man appeared in front of my eyes as I processed everything in the room, before turning my attention back to him.

"Hello Miss, you must be Elisabeth Walker, I'm Billy Dollimore" he stated, putting his hand forward for me to shake, which I did politely.

"Any evidence as to how she escaped?" I questioned, getting straight to the point. Billy sighed, leading me towards one of the screens in the room.

He fiddled with the keys until a picture of my mother could be seen on the screen. She was wearing the prison suit and was sat on the metal bed inside the jail peacefully. The recording played on, until in the next minute, the bed was empty, and my mother disappeared into thin air.

"There's a glitch. Which means someone must have accessed the security tapes, but I don't understand how. Everyone was here that night, messing with the tapes would have been impossible."

"Clearly not" I scoffed. "Look, I want you to further investigate on this matter, by the end of tomorrow I want answers. I will look into this myself and get back to you with anything I have. Until then, goodbye Billy Dollimore" I responded, walking straight out of his sight, without giving him a chance to respond to my demand.

*****

My past might have been something I deeply despised, however there were moments I cherished, moments that I would always remember.

These were one of the moments I cherished, and one of those moments I wanted to bring back.

My hand rose in the air, clicking on the doorbell of the house in front of me.

The empty air blew on my face for the first few seconds before the door flew open, revealing the familiar face of Jane.

She still had the same dark hair and light brown eyes with skin that had now turned pale and slightly wrinkly. Nevertheless, she was as beautiful as she always was, wearing her typical pinafore dress with black stockings and ankle boots.

I remembered the first time I had seen Jane and Andrew. They were the perfect couple that could sadly not give birth to any babies. It was then that they found me, and took me into foster care. They were the sweetest couple I had ever known, and even if it was only three months, they were one of the best three months of my life. They didn't pressure me into loving them at first sight, or buried me in a sack of toys to forget about my past, instead they helped me heal and close the wounds that had been deeply been opened. They understood me, loved me, and honestly cared for me.

Sadly due to paperwork gone wrong, three short months later, I was departed to another hell of a foster home.

Jane's eyes squinted, as if trying to identify the face, and when a smile extended on her face, I knew she remembered.

"Oh my little Liz, it's really you" her hand stopped at her heart, bringing tears at the verge of my eyes, ready to fall any moment. I decided to step forward and embrace her into a hug, wanting to feel the familiar comfort of shelter. Her hands wrapped around me in no time, her warmth spreading through my body instantly, making me feel like I was home.

A few traitor tears had found their way out of my eyes which she had managed to notice as she swiped them off with her fingers gently. She brought me into her house, closing the door and locking the windy breeze outside.

In less than a minute, another voice erupted from inside as a now old looking Andrew came from the living room, his eyes falling on me with complete surprise.

"Elisabeth" he stated, his eyes wide as they met mine. I nodded with a slight chuckle, approaching to embrace him into a hug too. "Oh my child, how have you been?" he asked me after we parted.

"Do you have a few minutes on your hand?"

"Of course darling, for you always." He humbly answered, the both of them taking me into their living room where a boy about my age stood, looking at me with confused eyes. "Oh Barry, come meet Elisabeth" he told the young man, who with his confused expression advanced towards me where he extended his hand to shake.

Placing my hand in his, I gave it a firm shake.

"Hi, I'm Barry, nice to meet you"

"Elisabeth, same here" my eyes fell towards Andrew "Is he your son?" I asked in a tone that was long forgotten for me. Andrew nodded, confirming my doubts. I guess he was a lucky man.

"Son, this is Elisabeth Walker, before you, we were going to adopt Elisabeth. Unfortunately, something went wrong with the paperwork and we lost her completely, even from foster care. They didn't let us take her back." His eyes held nothing but grief, making my heart melt. Barry nodded, sending me a sympathetic smile before we all sat down on the sofas.

"So tell me love, where about are you these days?" Jane asked me, handing me a cup of hot tea.

"I actually live in New York now, I'm a cop." The three of them showed surprise in their expressions as they stared at me, Barry with a bit of fear.

"Dear, if you don't mind me asking, what happened after you were taken away?" I smiled, a slight pang taking over my chest at the thoughts. Nevertheless, these were the people I could trust with my life, so it was pointless to keep it a secret.

"I was sent into another foster home of some old, perverted man. I felt unhappy, so I ran away. I... then joined the Brew, out of all my anger, but soon realised that I didn't want to persue the same fate as my mother, so I helped the police put an end to the Brew, and after that, they granted me an early emancipation. I lived on my own for a year, and I joined the army. Three years after being a third generation british marine they considered me unfit and banished me from the army, so I left. I moved to New York, trained at the police academy and well, here I am working for the NYPD" I finished, a sense of déjà vu taking over. Oh and also, werewolves exist and I'm mated to one of the Alpha's who's possessive and clearly in love with me, but I don't love him back, or at least not yet, but eventually I have to love him or else I'll just die young. Other than that, all great. I finished sarcastically in my brain, slightly chuckling at the thought.

Jane and Andrew looked at me with pride, before Barry decided to speak up.

"What brings you here in London then?" his questioned reminded me of my focus, bringing my serious mood back on.

"My mother escaped from prison"

 A/N

Thoughts on Jane, Andrew and Barry? Anyone expecting this? Will they find Mary Walker?? Chapter thoughts?? Future predictions?? Comment below and let me know what you think!

Picture of London to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha