Chapter 13

Elisabeth's POV

"You're pathetic Mary. What happened huh? Life gave you a little pressure so you decide to turn towards drugs and alcohol? Is that how you solve your problems?"

"Shut up Darren! You have no idea what I go through every morning when you abandon me at home-"

"Abandon? What do you think I do when I leave the house every morning Mary? Go to a strip club? Hire a prostitute? For fuck's sake I go to work! To earn money for us! To earn money so that we can survive! Is that what you call abandoning? I made you a promise that I would stick by your side through all of this, and I did! What did you do Mary? You turned towards drugs? Alcohol? You call yourself worthy of being a mother-"his words were suddenly interrupted as she slapped him straight across the face. "Go ahead, Mary, do what you'd like, but this ends now. You're done with the brew, in fact, the brew is done with!" He yelled, picking up the phone on the kitchen counter to call the police.

In no time the phone was snatched out of his hands and thrown across the room, shattering on the wall before the pieces clattered on the ground.

They fought with rage, their hands all over each other. She grabbed his neck, strangling him with all her might.

"I hate you!" She yelled as he pushed her off, making her stumble backwards.

There was a pause between them, rage radiating the atmosphere. He turned back around to pick up his cell phone, attempting yet again to call the police.

But it was right there and then he didn't realise that she had pulled out a gun from her back, and had aimed it towards him, and without a second through, she pulled the trigger.

"Elisabeth! Open your eyes for Christ sake!"

My eyes snapped open, my body sprang up perspiring and gasping for air. My eyes fell upon the man whose hands were on my shoulders and whose eyes were boring in to my own.

"Ryan? What are you doing here?"

"I came to ask if you wanted to grab lunch or something. I could hear your panic from the porch and since your front door was open I came in to see what was going on. You gave me a fucking scare! What the hell just happened?"

"Nothing, just a nightmare, sorry" I responded, pushing the sheets off my body. He nodded wearily, the sound of his phone causing him to elevate and fish his phone out of his pocket before walking out the room to answer his call.

I took advantage of the time and stepped into my bathroom, brushing my teeth and hopping into a quick shower before getting dressed.

The first thing I saw as I stepped out of my room was a worried Ryan whose head was buried into the nest of his hands.

Now don't get me wrong, I am NOT and emotional person, but I had never seen Ryan as worried as this. So I let my curiosity take over.

"What happened?"

"Nothing" he quickly responded, restoring his smile. I remained silent, as if telling him that I didn't believe him which he seemed to pick up easily as his smile dropped and he sighed. "I don't want to drag you into the drama of the most fucked up family on planet earth" at his comment I scoffed, walking right past him.

"Clearly you don't know anything about me" I mumbled, forgetting about his enhanced senses.

"You're saying that you're family is worse than mine?" I remained silent at his question, thinking deeply about how to respond.