Part 26

I hope you like this, please vote, comment and fan. 

lots of love:

A :)

************************************************************************************

26

Amanda:

I moved like a criminal on the run, my breathing was fast and my palms sweaty, I had felt his pain the entire flight. I didn't know how, but I knew without a doubt it was not my own pain, I wasn't capable of such despair. I could still feel it in my chest, throbbing in my soul, it was as if someone had taken my frail heart and stabbed it several times with a knife, each heartbeat hurt. This is what heartache feels like.

Werewolf.

I mean how was I supposed to come to terms with that?

I didn't even know this man. I had never met him before and yet I had never felt more intuned to someone. I had never needed to be with someone so much in my life. Every step I took from my seat towards the exit, was physically painful, as though I were fighting some invisible chain wrapped around my entire being.

"Enough."

I whispered harshly to myself.

I shut my eyes for a moment and breathed out, I opened them again trying to relax myself. I leant against an empty seat, I was one of the last off the plane, further on I could see the curtain where the exit was, the air hostesses were behind it, gossiping and laughing.

I had to get off the plane, but when I did where would I go?

I was a art student, nineteen years old, my parents were divorced. I had never believed in true love, I was an only child, I had a boyfriend named Ty, he was waiting for me at arrivals.

At that thought I felt my heart scream, I had accepted a long time ago I was incapable of love, it seemed I never had been able to feel the tell tale signs, butterflies, need for them to be near you, weeping (ALL THE TIME apparently. Or so my friends had told me.) and just...security. As if they were the only thing you would ever want or need. You look at them and you know your life was empty before you looked in their eyes. That is what it feels like to love someone. I had felt none of it for Ty, or any other boy, it seemed to me such a thing could not exist.

-And then I met Jacob,

I had been reading some soppy romance novel when he walked, well stumbled past my seat, he had completely face planted. If it hadn't been for the powerful connection that arose between us I would have barely concealed my laughter. Looking back now I could find nothing funny about it, but I know if it was under usual circumstances I would have laughed at him and then I would have never seen him again.

Oh how much easier that would have been!

-But no, I didn't dismiss him. He brought his eyes from my feet to my face and in that moment. Time stood still. I can't remember anything other than his eyes. They were a soft hazel, but there was a fire behind them, a light, I can't even do them justice with words, all I know was that light was drawing my soul from me and joining it to his in that moment. In that one moment everything around me drained of colour, everything in this entire world became second best to that compelling, shining, light in his wonderful, beautiful soul.

I sighed and snapped out of my reverie; I was a big girl, I had to make a decision, but before that, I had to get off this plane.

I gripped my carry-on with both hands and made my way down the isle, the hostess waved me off with a plastic smile and I grimaced back at her; he had stolen my smile as well as my heart.