Chapter 1

____

Falling leaves are like our happiness. They leave their tree like the joy that leaves the soul.
____

"Are mom and dad coming home tonight?" I asked our butler, Kang. My voice full hope. It has been days I didn't saw them since they come home late at night when I'm fully asleep and having the weirdest adventures in my dreams.

"No, they have a meeting." he replied in a soft tone. He knew that it wasn't the answer I hoped for but what could he do?

"...But they want you to practice with the piano." he added with a smile. I sighed and nodded. He bowed to me and walked away.

It always had been like that. My parents are so busy which lead to them not having time over for me. They want me to practice the piano until I can play it without any mistakes. Well, actually it is normal for me to play the piano with mistakes. I never had lessons, all I did was listening to classic music when I was younger. At a certain age I wanted to play the piano so I did it, all by myself. My parents thaught it was a miracle that I could play the piano without going to lessons. But I don't believe it. I'm sure there are more people who learned to play the piano just by listening to it. For example Yixing. He's a chinese pianist and just like me, learned to play the piano by himself.

I sighed again and sat down on the chair by the piano. I fixed the pages so I could read it. I took a deep breath and begun. The melody was beautiful but I want it to be better. I knet my eyebrows together and played harder. My fingers played on the white and black tiles as if there was no end.

Hours went by, still practicing...

The eighteen old girl tried to finish the last part but it was useless. Her fingers were sore and she was tired, a part of her wanted to stop or take a break while the other part wanted to continue. She arrived at the last part, the most difficult one. She played and played and when she thought she almost finished the part, without mistakes, a false note was to be heard through the large living room. Her smile faded away and she pulled her hands back.

"Damn..." I cursed, clearly irritated by the stupid mistake.

"Oh no!" I quickly put my hand on my mouth. Did I just curse? I quickly turned around to see if no one heard it. I sighed in relief when nobody was to be seen.

"Bad mouth" I slapped my mouth lightly.

I pouted and hung my shoulders low. Why can't I play that part? I sighed again and stood up. Maybe a cupcake will bright up my mood? I smiled at the thought of my favourite dessert and went to the kitchen.

"I'll go to the baker and come back. Do you need something that I can buy?" I asked the maid who was doing the dishes. She turned her face around to see me and shook her head.

"No, I don't need anything, but thank anyway," She said and I nodded ",be careful."

"I will." I quickly headed out of the kitchen. Maid Soyu and I are kind of close. She's actually the only person I can talk to whenever I feel down or angry.

I put on my black shoes and pastel pink colored coat, I made sure to cover my neck with a warm scarf. I wanted to go out when I remembered something; it will rain later. I searched around in the hallway and finally found a dark grey umbrella with white dots. I quickly headed out. The thought of a cupcake made me both hungry and happy.