Ch. 33: Dreams

Chapter 33:

Sara's POV:

"Did you find anything?" John asks as Tom and I enter the flat after a long night of searching for the killer.

Tom shakes his head and falls onto the couch with a sigh. I walk into the kitchen to get some blood.

"Where is Sherlock?" I ask as I peer into the fridge.

"Went out, didn't say where," John tells me.

I roll my eyes,"Of course," I grumble as I look behind a jar of human eyeballs. "Tom, are you thirsty?"

"I could drink," comes his reply with a soft chuckle.

I find the pitcher of blood and pour two glasses before bringing them back to the living room.

"Thank you, love," Tom says with a sweet smile as I hand him his glass.

I take a seat next to Tom,"When did Sherlock leave?"

John sips from his morning tea,"An hour or so ago. I was surprised to see him gone before the sun rose."

I suddenly hear footsteps from outside the flat. I look towards the door,"Seems Sherlock is home."

A few minutes later the man himself stumbles into the flat.

"Where have you been?" John questions from his chair.

I lower my glass and take in Sherlock's appearance. He is breathing hard and leaning against the doorframe, hugging his right arm close to his chest.

"Sherlock?" I dart towards him once I smell the scent of blood coming from him,"What happened?!"

Tom and I help him to the couch. "Sherlock, what's wrong? Are you hurt?" John questions and strides over to check our friend for wounds.

I open Sherlock's coat and zero in on the scent of blood. Crimson stains cover his white dress shirt. Ripping open his already ruined shirt, I gasp at the large wound he has.

"He's been stabbed, multiple lacerations to the abdomen, and a broken arm," John goes right into doctor mode as he examines Sherlock. "It looks deep, he needs a hospital now!"

"Not...enough time," Sherlock gasps in pain.

I gulp,"He is right. It'll take at least three minutes with just Tom and mine's vampiric speed, but the effect on his body from the force...he won't make it."

John holds a cloth to Sherlock's wound and turns to me with fear in his eyes,"Sara, what do we do?"

I look to Tom for guidance, but he seems to be in shock of his brother dying in front of him.

"...Turn me."

I blink and snap my head to Sherlock,"What?"

He grits his teeth, his breathing becoming more labored,"...Turn...me. It is...the only way."

He is right... but will the consequences be? Will he turn out like Tom, unfit for this kind of life? Will he become a blood crazed murderer?

He suddenly grips my arm tightly and stares into my eyes,"Turn me now!" he shouts with the last of his energy before passing out.

I've made up my mind.

Quickly rolling up my sleeve, i then bite into my wrist and place my wound over Sherlock's mouth. Squeezing what blood I can manage into his mouth.

"S-sara, what are you doing?!" John questions with wide eyes.

Tom stares at me as well,"I don't think this is a smart idea."

"I'm saving him!" I snap,"I don't care if it is stupid, I cannot just let him die!"

I release Sherlock and stand back with a heavy sigh.

"How long will it take?" John asks.

"It is different for everyone," Tom tells him,"May take an hour or an entire day. All we can do is wait."

~

Sherlock's POV:

'Where am I?'

I am standing in an empty, dark room. It's cold, my breath comes out in puffs before me.

"Hello?" I call out, only for my echo to answer me,

I walk around the small room, only to realize there are no doors or windows. I start to pound on the walls, trying to find an exit.

"Sherlockkk," a faint voice calls.

I spin around and shout,"Who's there?!"

"She does not love you."

I turn around again and find my older brother, Tom, in front of me. His eyes are blood red and fangs dawn his mouth. "She is bored," he continues,"She is only using you for her own entertainment."

"Your lying!" I growl.

"Oh, Sherlock," Mycroft appears on my left. "Love will only tear you down."

"She is dangerous," John materializes on my right. "Sara has killed people before, she will do it again."

"She is going to snap one day," Mycroft tells me,"And now you are part of it."

I frown,"What do you mean?"

Tom cocks his head to the side and smiles,"You are one of us now, Sherlock. A creature of the night, blood sucker, human killer."

I let out a gasp as I feel intense pain spreading throughout my body. Falling to my knees, I clutch my chest.

In front of me I see a dark figure. As he walks closer, I recognize him instantly. A monster that still haunts me every night.

"Who will your first kill be, hmm Sherlock? Tell me," Moriarty smiles at me mockingly, standing in a dark tailored suit before me.

"No one!" I growl, gritting my teeth at the pain.

"Really? Do you even believe that? Because I think we both know that someone like you cannot stay in the light forever. The darkness is always waiting, and it has been growing in you," Moriarty drifts closer,"It started when you killed me, then you killed that newspaper man, what was his name? Magnussen?" he kneels in front of me and grips my head, forcing me to look at him,"Your hands are bloodied, you are unclean, and there is no going back."

I squeeze my eyes shut and let out a roar,"NOOO!"

Silence fills my ears and the pain in my body fades. I slowly blink open my eyes.

Red. It covers the ground and walls around me.

My eyes widen as i see the bodies of Mycroft, John, Mrs.Hudson, and Lestrade littering the floor. Looking down at myself, I notice that I am drenched in crimson and a bloodied blade is in my hand.

I turn to my left as I feel hand grab my shoulder. Sara stands there with a smile on her face, crimson eyes glinting in the dim lighting of the room.

"I love you," she whispers.

"I love you too," a voice that isn't mine says.

I gulp as I see Tom walk to my girlfriend. Sara glances down at me and smirks, then turns to Tom and pulls him in for a kiss.

My grip on the knife tightens. They pull apart and Sara kneels in front of me,"Goodbye, Sherlock." She raises a knife of her own and thrusts it into my chest.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comment!

Vote!

Fan!