Ch. 25: Oh no!

Chapter 25:

Standing atop a tall building in the center of London, I look over the city, taking in this beautiful sight. The sun is just starting to go down, bathing everything in the afternoon light.

I pick my bag up off the ground and take a step off the building, free falling forty feet to the ground. I land silently in an alleyway and slip out into the main streets without being seen.

As I'm waiting for a cab to wave down, a sleek black car pulls up in front of me. The door opens and a girl walks out.

I sigh and hand her my bag,"Let's get this over with."

~

"A phone call would have sufficed," I tell Mycroft as I walk into his office. I drop my bag and perch myself on the edge of his desk, crossing my arms as I wait for him to speak.

He slowly shuts his laptop,"That wouldn't assure that you would come."

"What do you want, Mycroft?"

He clasps his hands together on his desk and looks up at me,"I need you to make sure my little brother stays away from Magnussen."

I laugh weakly,"Well, that might be kinda hard since Sherlock pretty much kicked me out."

He frowns,"Kicked you out?"

I nod and look down at my hands,"All because I wouldn't help him with this case. ...Guess he didn't miss me that much," I murmur.

"I know my little brother, he wouldn't-"

I cut him off,"Well he did. I'm leaving, so just drop it." I stand and walk toward the door.

"If he is really is your friend, you will stop him," Mycroft tells me,"Magnussen is not someone to mess with. It can only end badly for my brother."

I pause at the door.

"You wish to keep him and John Watson safe, correct?"

I let out a sigh and turn around. I slowly walk back to him, dropping my bag I then walk around his desk and push his chair back and move his laptop so I can sit on his desk in front of him.

"Fine," I tell him, then I pull out my phone and text John.

Me: Where are you and Sherlock going to be tonight?

As I wait for his reply, I notice Mycroft and has scooted closer and now sits in between my legs. I frown at him,"What are you doing?"

He hesitantly reaches his hands up and runs them over my thighs. I raise an eyebrow,"Um excuse me? This is not ok."

He stands and moved his face closer to mine. I push him back and hop off his desk. "Mycroft, I'm not in the mood!" I tell him sternly, annoyed by his actions.

He frowns at me,"Are my brothers better in some way?"

I roll my eyes,"You know that's not it. I just split with Tom, give me at least a month before you make a move."

Before he can reply, I get a text from John.

John: We are headed to Magnussen's office to steal those letters. ....You know Sherlock didn't mean it. He is just confused with all these feelings that he is unused to.

I sigh and type back.

Me: I'm on way.

I put my phone in my pocket and look at Mycroft. "I'm going to meet up with them, hopefully before they do something stupid." I turn and walk out of the room.