(Short) Chapter Fifteen: A Life of Glory

Two weeks after the case closed, Amy's arm was still healing from her bullet wound, but Amy and Sonic we're finally leaving to go to their home. All they had to do now was have their last breakfast with the royal family, then they'd be on their way.

However, they first had to wake up.

Sonic and Amy were snuggled close to each other. Sonic had his head dipped into Amy's shoulder, he breathed in steady breaths. He had his leg over her, and his arms wrapped tightly around her. Amy was resting her head on his chest, the sound of his heartbeat was the rhythm she slept to.

Amy was the first to wake up, she sat up and Sonic's arms slowly fell down her body and to the mattress. She leaned down, careful not to put pressure on her arm, and kissed Sonic's cheek. "Mhmm...? Ames?" Sonic turned his head and was delightfully surprised when he was met with a pair of lips. "Mnmnn," Sonic placed a hand on her hip. "How are you feeling?" Sonic mumbled through their kiss.

"My arm still hurts, but other than that- wh-what are you doing?" Amy started laughing. Sonic had grabbed hold of Amy's injured arm and kissed her hand. Her arm was wrapped up and Sonic continued to kiss her arm up, and up, and up, until he reached her neck.

"Better?" He smirked up at her. She giggled as a blush engulfed her face. "Yes, much better..." Amy smiled at him, she leaned in for another kiss, but she popped her head back up quickly, right as their lips were about to meet.

"Oh! I forgot about the breakfast! We have to get ready!" Amy yelped and rolled out of the bed. Sonic let his head fall back down to the pillow in disappointment. "Of course..." he thought and gradually gathered himself up and got dressed with Amy.

"Oh, Sonic, come over here, you still can't tie a tie?" Amy giggled at him. She threw the tie around his neck and tied it perfectly. "Thanks, Amy," he said and kissed her cheek. "Ready for breakfast?" Sonic asked her. "Of course!" Amy giggled as Sonic opened the door for her.

They locked arms as Sonic escorted her to the dining room. He pulled the chair back for her and then scooted her in. He gave her a kiss on the cheek then went to his seat, across from her.

"Good morning, detectives." Said the Queen when they walked in. "Good morning, your highness." Sonic and Amy responded. "How did you two sleep?" Princess Sally asked as their breakfast was brought to the table. "Very well, it felt so much relaxing without having to worry about anything." Amy smiled at the princess.

"So... Boss, what will happen to him?" Sonic asked suddenly.

"He will be sent to death, along with Blade, when we find her." Queen Acorn answered as she took a bite out of a muffin. "Oh, well that's good-" Amy began to speak, but was interrupted by Sonic's mumbles. "What did you say, Sonic?" Amy asked.

"I said 'he deserves it.'" Sonic repeated himself. Silence draped over the table, until Princess Sally spoke. "I completely agree, he killed lots of people."

"Not only that-" Sonic growled, "-he's the one that ordered Amy to get shot. I hope his death is cruel."

Amy sat across the table, awkwardly pushing her food around. She hated being the center of attention like this. Especially when Sonic was acting so overprotective. Princess Sally looked at Amy and saw her uneasiness. "Lets change the subject, shall we?" She spoke up, and sent a gentle smile towards Amy, who returned one.