Chapter Five: Nightmares on Every Street

It was dark and gloomy as Sonic walked through the courtyard alongside Amy. "It was nice for the Queen to allow us to stay the night here." Amy commented, casually looking up to the sky. "The stars are pretty." She said happily. "Yeah," Sonic said, looking directly at Amy. "They really are."

"Hey! Who are you two?" A guard shouted. "I'm Sonic and this is Amy. We have permission to roam here from the-"

"You aren't allowed here. You are trespassing on the Queen's property!"

Sonic heard the gun shot, and everything suddenly stopped, the fight, the screaming, everything. Now it was just him, Amy, and a lamp on the palace wall. His entire body froze, he had to manually tell his legs to run to her.

"Rose? Sweetie? C-Come Amy, d-don't play around." Sonic fell to his knees, his hands shaking as he turned Amy's body to face him. "No... No, no, no, no! You're okay, you're okay, you're okay." Sonic held her body to his chest, rocking back and forth. "No, no, no, Amy!" He sobbed and screamed in pain.

He screamed so loud, spit was falling out of mouth. He sobbed and kissed Amy's face. "My precious Rose... My..." Sonic couldn't finish his sentence.

"Amy..."

His own breathing quickened again, and he was screaming again. "No!" He yelled in pain. "Someone help! Please! Help her!" He cried out, but no one could hear him.

No one came.

"No... This isn't fair..." He continued to sob. It was just too much for him to handle, he couldn't think anymore, he couldn't move, he couldn't breath. He felt more and more dreadful as he cried louder and louder. His only love, his pure, sweet, Amy, was gone.

Sonic's eyes jolted open and he sat up abruptly. Tears were streaming down his face, he lifted his hand and felt them on his cheek. He gagged at his weakness, he shouldn't be crying. "It was just a dream." He told himself, wiping away the tears. "Amy's right here in bed with me." He thought, reaching over to feel her body. "She's right bes-"

He couldn't feel her. She wasn't there. He threw the blankets off the bed, frantically searching around the room. "Amy! Ames? Sweetie?" He called, running to the living area. She wasn't there. Where was she? "What if... what if something happened to her?" Sonic thought dreadfully, feeling more tears start to form.

Earlier, However, Amy had received a knock on her door. "A note arrived for you, it says it's urgent." Aliciana told Amy, handing her note then abruptly leaving. On the note, it requested Amy to meet Zarrina outside the palace gates. Of course, Amy went.

When she arrived, Zarrina was shivering in the cold air. She smiled when she saw Amy coming. "Oh Amy! I have something marvelous to tell you, come with me."

Amy had thought, "I should really tell Sonic where I'm going, but he just went to sleep and I would hate to disturb him."

Amy looked at Zarrina's hopeful eyes. "Okay, what did you want to tell me? Then I'll consider going."

"I found something at Vision's house." Zarrina told Amy. That seemed to have been enough for Amy to leave. They departed and went to Visions house.

They just reached Vision's house now, Zarrina was hesitating to open the door. "It's okay, I'm here." Amy smiled gently at Zarrina, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Ready to go in?" She asked and reached for the doorknob. The door opened and the two girls crept in.