Chapter 6

Castiel

Cas' eyes shot open. His breathing heavy he looked over at Dean who was paying no attention to the Angel, not even realizing Castiel had a nightmare. For the second time that day, Cas could feel the tears threatening to spill. He pulled his knees up to his chest and placed his chin on top of them, continuing to look out of the window. Castiel had never had that dream before. It was always the fall that would haunt him and truthfully, he would rather have that nightmare than the one he just had.

Cas' movement caught Deans attention. He looked over to his best friend who looked distressed. His faced saddened, looking out the window distantly. Like he was looking out the window but not really seeing anything.

"Hey, Cas." Dean smiled placing his hand on Cas' shoulder. The Angel flinched away from his touch, staying pressed against the the door. Deans eyebrows furrowed. He pulled his arm back trying to keep his eyes on the road. Cas looked at Dean sadly. He didn't want to see Dean like that ever again. But what had Dean tried to say before he died? He moved his gaze back to the window trying to rid his mind of the nightmare that now haunted him every time he closed his eyes.

***

Dean pulled the Impala into a parking spot in front of a park. But not just any park. It was the park the two would play at as children. This park held so many memories for the Angel and the Hunter. This only made Cas feel even worse. He wouldn't tell Dean though. So, Cas looked back at Dean and smiled as best he could. It didn't fool Dean but he knew better than to start something again. So, he smiled back and they both climbed out of the car.

The two had a secret spot they found as children. It overlooked a large lake and they would often meet there at dusk to watch the sun set. Even though they haven't been to the park together in a year or two they still remembered where to go. Dean led the way walking through some weeds with Cas following close behind. Trees littered the large forest hiding anything that would be up to a quarter of a mile away. Castiel could vividly remember how they found the secret spot. It was another one of the Angels favorite memories.

"Dean!" Castiel ran excitedly to his best friend. "I missed you so much!" They grinned.

"Cas, I just saw you two days ago." Dean reminded.

"I know but I've been lonely." Cas looked to the ground embarrassed, still grinning. His head suddenly shot up. "Do you wanna play hide and seek?" A grin broke out on Deans face as he nodded enthusiastically.

"Okay! I'll count." Dean covered his eyes with his hands and started counting. Cas quickly started to look for a place to hide. His eyes landed on the forest of trees. Dean will never find you there. Jimmy told Cas. He nodded and ran off to the forest. Looking around he seen all the different kinds of trees that were planted in the large forest. He smiled as he ran in deeper.

"10!" He heard Dean yell. Cas giggled and hid behind a tree, watching as Dean looked around. Little did Castiel know, Dean was listening to which way his friends ran off to. He walked straight ahead into the forest confidently, looking behind trees as he went.

Finally making it close enough to Cas to see his shadow standing behind a larger tree he quietly snuck behind his best friend,

"BOO!" He yelled standing behind Cas with his arms up. Cas jumped and swung around looking at Dean fearfully.

"Oh my god, Dean!" Cas shoved Dean in the shoulder, the two of them laughing.