Chapter 5

Castiel

Cas trudged down the stairs and into the kitchen, looking around he decided to skip breakfast again, not really feeling hungry. He waited on the couch for Dean to pick him up. Like usual. He turned on Netflix and resumed on the episode of iZombie he left off on.

The roar of the Impala could be heard as soon as the episode loaded. Typical Dean. Jimmy thought. True. Cas agreed.

He walked out to the Impala and climbed in, suddenly feeling very awkward because of the incident last night. Sure Dean didn't know about it, but Cas experienced it. He basically caused it.

The Angel kept his gaze at the tree in his front yard. He could feel Dean staring at him, waiting for Cas to look at him and maybe give him an explanation to his behavior last night.

He slowly looked over at Dean, offering a small smile. One Dean didn't return. His best friend kept a hard stare on him waiting for him to say something.

"Good morning, Dean." Cas greeted, trying his best to control his annoyance. Dean looked at Cas expectantly. Cas furrowed his eyebrows acting like he didn't know what Dean was doing. "Is there something the matter?" Dean sighed, shaking his head.

"You ready?" He cleared his throat. Cas nodded looking out the window again. "Alright." Dean mumbled pulling out of the driveway.

The ride was pretty quiet, with the exception of Bon Jovi playing quietly in the background. Cas watched the houses pass out the window when suddenly Dean gasps and turns up the radio. Runaway by Bon Jovi filled the car. Cas jumped and Dean grinned over at him, starting to sing along badly.

"She's a little runaway." He sang taping his hands on the steering wheel. Cas smiled. The first real smile in days. It felt good to be able to smile again. He relished in the feeling for as long as he could. Before reality would catch up with him.

The windows were rolled down making Deans hair fly messily. The sun peeked up from behind the trees shining around Deans smiling face, making him look almost angelic. Too bad you can never have him. Cas sighed to himself. Jimmy was always there to suck the joy out of everything.

"C'mon, Cas. Sing with me." Dean grinned. Cas blushed and turned to the window ignoring him. Dean turned it up even louder if that was even possible, singing even louder. Cas continued to ignore him, watching the houses pass.

After the song ended Dean turned it down to its original state, looking over at Cas who looked at Dean the same time. They locked eyes for a moment before Dean turned his attention back to the road. Cas looked away awkwardly, remembering the wing incident from last night.

***

Pulling into the parking lot Dean turned the car off and looked at Cas who was picking up his backpack off the floor. The Angel looked over to Dean and they locked eyes for the second time that morning. Castiel shifted slightly and scratched the back of his head when a picture of last night popped into his head.

Dean looked down at his watch and cussed under his breath. "We better get going. First period starts in 5 minutes." Cas nodded and opened the door, climbing out. Dean following after. The two walked into the school and made there way to their lockers.

***

Charlie skipped over to Castiel smiling broadly. "Heya, Bitch!" She held up the live long and prosper sign with her hand and Cas gave her a small smile. He shut his locker and Charlie threw her arm over his shoulder. They walked to lunch together, talking about the latest season of Doctor Who.