Chapter 4

Castiel

Ugh. How am I suppose to do this by myself?! Castiel pulled the rope over himself once, but he was struggling to get it over himself again.

"GABRIEL!" Moments later, his brother bursts through the door naked. Yes you heard me right, he was wearing nothing. "Jesus! Gabriel! Put some clothes on!" Castiel hissed, turning his head, eyes covered. Gabe giggled and ran out of the room, returning back minutes later with a shirt and boxers on, a smirk resting on his lips.

"Whatcha need, bro?" He waltzed in. Castiel motioned to the rope, exasperated.

"Help me get this around my wings." Castiel was in no mood for any of Gabriel's (or Lucifers) shit today. He just wanted to get to school and get the day over with.

Gabe walked over and took the rope, winking seductively at his brother. Cas rolled his eyes, smacking him slightly with his wings. Gabe barked a laugh and wrapped the rope around the Angel twice and tying it off. Cas sighed tugging on his button up and nodding at Gabe as he walked out the door winking again in response. After dressing, Cas checked his phone and took it off the charger seeing he had a text from Dean.

Dean: Hey, man. I need a ride tonight. Dad needed the Impala today. Charlie's giving me a ride this morning.
7:16

Cas sighed. Hopefully he would be able to hide this from Dean all day and still have a good attitude. Unlikely.

Cas: Alright.
7:20

Cas made his way downstairs skipping breakfast and sitting down on the couch. He had to leave in about 20 minutes so he figured maybe he could start an episode of the new show he found last night, iZombie.

***

Gabe and Lucifer came bounding down the stairs singing Welcome To The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance. Cas rolled his eyes and shut off the TV getting up off the couch, following his brothers out to the car.

***

Gabe and Lucifer burst out of the car and ran up to the school with lightning speed. Cas sighed loudly and let his head fall to the steering wheel, trying his best to forget about the burning pain in his back.

He must have been like that for a while because the next thing he knew he heard a knock at the passengers side door. He looked up and saw none other than Dean Winchester, smirking through the window. Cas motions for Dean to enter, Dean does so sliding in looking at Cas his smirk disappears and is replaced with a look of worry.

"Hey, Cas. You alright, buddy?" Dean asked softly placing a hand on his best friends shoulder. Cas looks up at Dean from the steering wheel and nods.

"I'm fine." Cas sighed, sitting up pushing Deans hands from his shoulder and rubbing the back of his neck. They sat in silence for a moment. Neither of them knowing what to say.

"Well, um." Dean started, clearing his throat. "Ready to go?" Cas nodded giving Dean his most reassuring smile before climbing out and slinging his backpack over his shoulder.

As the day droned on Castiel ignored everyone that tried to talk to him only giving them one to two word answers then walking away. Each hour that passed his wings felt as if they were coming closer to falling off. Maybe they would fall off if he kept doing this everyday.

Once the last hour of the day came by he was a shaking mess. Watching the clock intently. He would get yelled at to pay attention but soon his focus would be back to the clock.