Chapter 3

Castiel

Castiel woke up feeling oddly well. He didn't have a nightmare last night so that was good. But something about this morning was different. Castiel yawns and stretches, climbing out of bed he goes straight down stairs to get some breakfast. Anna had already left for work and his brothers were probably still sleeping so he pours himself a bowl of cereal and puts some toast in the toaster. Waiting for his toast to pop, his mind travels to Dean. Sure they went to the Roadhouse then not 3 hours later he shows up to his house again returning his backpack. He could have just waited and gave it to him the day after. Then they watched a movie. Thinking back they were sitting really close.

Castiel how many times do I have to tell you? He's straight. God, idiot. Jimmy mumbled. Castiel ignored his brains protests because suddenly, his toast popped. He got up off of the small chair at the kitchen island and walked over to the toaster retrieving his toast and spreading some butter and jam onto it. He sat back down at his spot at the island and began to eat his toast and cereal.

Lucifer walked in moments later on his phone. "Morning, Lucifer." His brother grumbled a response sitting down across from Castiel not sparing a glance to him.

Lucifer suddenly got up putting his phone down, still not looking at Castiel and moved to the cabinet to get a bowl and some cereal. Turning back around with the bowl in hand he finally looked at his brother who was about to put a spoon of cereal in his mouth. Lucifer froze. Staring at Castiel. Castiel froze also, wondering what his brother was doing. Lucifers grip lightened to nothing and dropped the bowl he was holding it fell to the ground smashing to pieces. Castiel gasped and quickly put his spoon back into his bowl and got out of his seat.

"Lucifer what the hell?!" Castiel yelled starting to pick up the larger pieces of the bowl and throwing them into the trash. Lucifer still stood frozen staring at Castiel eyes wide.

Gabriel walked down the stairs, yawning, "Whats all the hubbub?" He yawned. Gabriel looked to Lucifer and then to Castiel, eyes widening. "Holy shit." He breathed. Castiel stood looking between the two brothers wonder what the hell has gotten into them.

"What the hell is wrong with you two?!" Castiel yelled. He looked back and forth a at the two boys. There eyes never left him. Or more like his back. Castiel finally noticed they weren't looking at him but more looking at his back. Castiel turned around, gasping. All words were taken from him looking at the two ginormous coal, black wings spread out almost touching both the walls of the spacious kitchen. All three boys mouths hung open. Nobody knew what to say. None of them even fully comprehended the fact that Castiels wings were now visible.

Lucifer was the first to speak. He slowly closed his mouth blinking a couple time, his eyebrows furrowing together. "Gabe... umm... go call Anna. Get her to come home." Gabriel finally closed his mouth and nodded slowly none of them taking their eyes off of Castiels black wings. Gabe hesitantly turned around and dialed Anna's number. After a couple seconds she picks up.

"What Gabriel? I'm at work. This better not be one of your stupid pranks."

"Anna I swear to god it isn't.... Its Cassie... something happened.... Look just take the day off and come home. I don't know how to explain it just come look for yourself." Silence.

"Alright. I'm on my way." She hung up. Gabriel cautiously walked back into the kitchen.

"Anna's on her way." The room fell into silence again. Castiel had no idea what to do. How would he go to school now? Would they eventually become invisible? But the biggest question, Why are they suddenly visible? What did Cas do differently? Did he do something he shouldn't have? Is heaven still after him?