Chapter 10

Castiel

Later that day, the siblings came bounding through the door, loudly.

"WE'RE BACK, BITCHES!" The brothers shouted in sync, throwing their hands in he air. The two boys waved lazily. Dean was sat up. Half asleep with one hand holding up his head. Cas laid sprawled out with his legs over Deans lap and one of his wings hanging off of the side of the couch resting on the floor and the other by Deans head. They both had their focus on the TV that was showing the episode The Reichenbach Fall. It was he most intense episode of Sherlock either one had seen yet. They watched intently, neither one really paying attention to the siblings who shared a knowing look. Dean momentarily forgot that his best friends siblings, who were now standing only 2 feet away from them, were The Devil and An Archangel.

Anna moved to the kitchen, to put what little amount of food they bought, away. While the two brothers made their way upstairs, shooting glances down to the two on the couch.

***

Soon the episode ended and Dean yawned, stretching. He looked over to his friend who was now asleep, emitting small snores. Dean smiled as Anna walked into the room. She looked at the two knowingly.

"Hey, Dean." She smiled. Dean returned it. "So I see Castiel told you then?" She looked to the sleeping Angel.

"Yeah." Dean looked at Cas' black wing that was rested on the floor.

"You're okay with it?"

Dean nodded. "Yeah.... I don't really know what to say about it." He laughed quietly, trying not to wake the sleeping boy next to him. Anna kneeled in front of him.

"Look, Dean. Just please don't hurt him. He's gone through so much already. He has to deal with those giant, pains now." She motioned to the Angels wings and sighed looking back at Dean. He was confused to say the least. She was talking as if they were together. They weren't obviously. Dean nodded nonetheless. "You should spend the night tonight.... He's been pretty lonely. He's been beating himself up about telling you. He needs to know you're there for him." Dean nodded.

"I can do that."

"And I didn't tell you to stay. It was all your idea because you care about him." She patted his knee and got up, leaving the room. Dean sat there, slightly confused. The Angel began to stir. Dean looked down at him as he rubbed his eyes, groggily. He sat up, his wings stretched behind them, and slowly settled. Cas looked at Dean and smiled, tiredly.

"Hello, Dean." Dean chuckled.

"Hey, Cas." He smiled. "Is it cool if I spend the night?" Cas grinned, unaware of the previous conversation between Anna and his best friend.

"Of course." Dean looked at the clock on the wall.

8:36

"Jeez it's later than I thought." Dean let himself fall back against what he thought was the couch. They both freeze. Castiels face turns pale and Dean immediately jumps up, spilling apologies. "Oh my god. I'm sorry!"

Castiel shivered and shifted uncomfortably. A sudden wave of memories from a couple nights ago come to his mind and his face flushed. He shifted so his legs were crossed, covering his.... area, and folded his wings behind his back.

Dean ran a hand through his hair and sighed. He looked at his best friend who was sitting very awkwardly. "I'm sorry." Dean said for the hundredth time. The Angel waved him off.

"It's alrigh-." The Angels voice cracked and he cleared his throat. "-It's alright."  He shifted again. Dean watched, slightly worried and slightly amused.