Chapter 19 - Don't Hurt Me

Liam's POV (I was listening to the song at the side while I wote the last part of this chapter.  I love it! :D )

“Hey Jacobs.  I hear you had a meeting with good old Mr Asher yesterday.”  The arsehole sneered as he passed our lunch table with his friends.  I took another bite of my burger before turning to look at him.  The bruises I had left on his fuck ugly face had almost faded away so it was past time to leave fresh ones.  I tensed my hands automatically which sent a sickening shot of pain up my right arm making me grit my teeth to hold back a moan.  Zooey squeezed my knee reassuringly but I kept my eyes fixed on the pile of shit in front of me.

“Can you fuck off please Zac.  You’re putting me off my food.”  Said Paul in a tired voice.

“I’m not talking to you Davis.”  Arsehole/Zac said making me feel as if I had been transported into one of those crappy teen films that Lia Legs would always make me watch.  It was my turn to roll my eyes.  “I’m talking to my good friend Liam here.”  This was the part of the film where the school bully talked to the good guy trying to get him pissed off so that he will retaliate and do something that will get him into trouble.  That meant in this strange parallel universe I had become the ‘good guy’ and I really don’t know how the hell that happened.

“Well I’m talking to you.”  Paul replied getting more riled up.

“Look just tell me what you want.”  I said to the arsehole.  I just wanted to get back to my burger because the pain relief pills the doctor had given me were making me hungrier than usual.

“You know what I want.”  He checked Zooey out as he spoke making it perfectly obvious.  I scowled at him, my body tensing with rage.  “And when you get kicked out there will be no one to stop me getting what I want.”  At that I jumped up ready to gouge his eyeballs out with my bare hands but Paul grabbed me and pulled me back.  There was no fucking way he was getting his fucking slimy hands on my girl.  No fucking way!  The arsehole grinned at me with self satisfaction as he had just got the response out of me that he wanted and this just made me angrier.  I saw red, my hands forming fists and my body twisting to get out of Paul’s grasp.  I felt the familiar rush of adrenaline course through my veins and a sadistic smile formed on my face.  With one swift move I had broke out of Paul’s grip and closed the short distance between me and the arsehole.  My smile widened at the look of shock that crossed his girly features.  I pulled my right hand back ready to punch him square in the face when a figure appeared in my line of vision.  It was a girl with a petite, skinny body with curves in all the right places; sexy brown curly hair that twisted down her back and the most piercing of eyes which were fixed on me right now showing a mixture of worry and fear.  She reached out to touch my arm and I felt the anger slowly drain out of me.  I lowered my fist and relaxed my hands now able to feel the burning pain in my right hand.  As I did this the arsehole recovered from the shock and was now smiling that fucking ‘I won’ smile.  Still angry I pulled Zooey closer and kissed her hard my left hand wandering.  Breaking away both slightly breathless I smirked at him.  I won.  I always won.  He glowered at me and his two henchmen followed suit, staring me down. 

“You can go back to your chess club now.”  I stated knowing he wouldn’t know it was a quote from that film.

“Just you fucking wait Jacobs!”  He spat, furious that I was yet again making him look like a total pussy in front of half the school.  I just kept smiling holding my blushing Angel protectively close as he turned and walked away, dumb and dumber following behind like a twin shadow.  I knew for a fact he would keep going until he won.  I knew the type because I am that type of guy too.  Zooey pulled me back down onto the seat beside her and I stroked her hand showing her that I was fine.  But she rolled her eyes at me knowing that I was lying which made me smile.  I kissed her on the cheek then dug back into my slightly dishevelled hamburger even though I was no longer hungry.  He was not getting anywhere near my girl.  I would make sure of it.

****

“Are you sure you’re ok?”  Zooey asked as I walked her home.  I had my left hand entwined in hers, my hip brushing against her waist yet I wanted to be closer.

“I’m grand.”  I smiled at her but her bright eyes showed that she wasn’t fooled.  I kissed her head, my lips getting lost in her hair and breathed her in.  She stopped in front of me and looked up into my eyes studying me before reaching up to press her lips against mine.  My body reacted automatically as I pulled her close, deepening the kiss.  I felt everything melt away until all I could feel was her and all I could see was her and all I wanted was her.  When our lips finally parted with panting breaths I kissed down her neck making her gasp and grasp a handful of my hair causing me to groan with pain and pleasure.  I slipped my good hand down her back until it grazed her arse and squeezed which made her giggle.  My lips found hers again and I hooked my hand under her arse lifting her up.  My other arm wrapped around her waist as her legs hooked around me, holding her in place.  The tension was suffocating and  my dick was getting far too excited so with as much strength as I could muster I broke my lips from hers.  If this was any other girl I would have had her by now but this was Zooey and I wanted more than that.  If only that made pulling away from her any easier.

“How do you feel now?”  She whispered her voice husky as she rested her forehead against mine.  Her arms were wrapped around my neck and her fingers were playing with the hair at the nape of my neck which sent a shiver down my spine.  And that was definitely the good kind of shiver.  I grinned at her kissing her cute button nose which made her giggle again.  She began to lower her legs to get back on the ground again but I wasn’t ready to let go so I grabbed one of her legs and slipped it around my back.  She slid herself around and rested her head on my shoulder, her arms now looser around my neck.  “Smooth move.”  She laughed in my ear.  Carefully bending down I picked up our bags that we had just abandoned on the pavement when our minds and hands had been occupied with each other and slung them both over my shoulder.

“I have many more where that came from.”  I smirked as I continued walking the now familiar route to her house.

“I don’t doubt that you do.”  She replied softly her warm body moulding to mine perfectly.  She reached her tiny arm down to my black jacket pocket and unzipped it.  Clumsily she pulled my phone out and began pressing buttons.  Now occupied with crossing the road I couldn’t watch what she was doing.  When we had almost reached the other side I felt her place my phone back into my pocket and snuggle her face into my back.

“What did you do?”  I asked but got no reply.  “Angel?”  I tried to glance around at her but her face was hidden and I nearly smacked into a lamppost.  “Are you ok?”  I reached my broken hand up blindly touching her hair.

“Don’t hurt me.”  She said her words coming out sleepily.

“I will never hurt you, Angel.”  I replied trying to stoke her hair but the splint and the lack of movement in my fingers turned it into more of a pat.

“I know you won’t.”  The words were so quiet I almost didn’t hear them.

“I won’t let that arsehole hurt you either.”  I stated my body automatically tensing in anger at the fact that he had managed to scare her.

“I know you won’t.”  She repeated.  “But I might hurt you.”