Chapter 15 - Bloody Knuckles

Liam's POV (the song at the side doesn't really go with the chapter but it's good to listen to if you're peeved off at something or someone)

I had scrubbed my skin raw in the shower this morning but you could still see the faint marks of hearts all over my arms.  The guys would have a field day if they saw it especially if I accidentally sang that song which I couldn’t help but belt out in the shower.  So I stuck my blue hoodie on and I wasn’t going to take it off.  I searched my pigsty of a room for my earphones but there was so much shit everywhere especially since I haven’t moved in properly yet.  Raking around in a pile of clothes that I couldn’t quite decide if they were dirty or not I found a silver Zippo lighter that Jay had given me for my birthday last year and chucked it onto my windowsill.  “Liam!  Dad’s leaving if you want to come in the car with us!”  Mollie shouted up the stairs at me.  

“Yeah coming!”  I shouted back feeling too lazy to even think about walking to school.  Having a car of my own would be so much better.  I mean what’s the point of having a fucking driving license if you don’t have a car to drive?  

Giving up on finding my earphones in this mess I grabbed Mollie’s out her room before heading downstairs.  They were bright pink so at least they matched my faded pink hearts just completing the whole gay thing I had going on today.

“Liam move!”  My dad bellowed from outside in the car being as patient as ever.

“Yeah I said I’m coming!”

****

I had just started the first question in our thick computing workbook when the woman from reception came in.  “Sorry Mr Mathers but Mr Asher wants to see Liam Jacobs.”  She said looking at me and smiling.  It’s been two days since I have beat up the arsehole so I was hoping that the Head was going to let it slide but unfortunately not.

“Right Liam just leave your stuff and you can finish this page for homework.”  My computing teacher Mr M said as he began rearranging the pencil pot on his desk.  I wanted to laugh as I had yet to learn something in this class that I didn’t already know from computing at my last school and I had yet to do any homework.  I could fall asleep in this class and still pass the stupid exam.  Kicking my bag further under my desk I stood up and followed the receptionist out the room with the eyes of the class on me.

“So how are you settling in?”  The receptionist asked me trying to make conversation as we walked down the empty corridor.  I was getting sent to the head because I beat some guy up and she was asking if I was settling in.  What a complete nutter.

“Great.”  I answered my voice dripping with sarcasm which made her laugh nervously.  I just wanted this lecture over with.  I had been through ever possible lecture in every way from the kind caring head teacher that ‘just wanted the best for me’ to the drill sergeant that wants me to ‘buck up my ideas’. 

“Mr Asher this is Liam Jacobs.”  The receptionist said as she knocked on the door to his office and walked in.  I stood hovering in the doorway waiting to be called my arms folded across my chest.  Zooey would be in art right now drawing more of the broken mirror.  I pictured her in those sexy skinny jeans with her wild hair tumbling into her face as she sat hunched over the paper, her hand furiously scribbling away.  Damn I should have taken art.  Maybe good ol’ Ashy would let me swap it for computing despite the fact that I don’t have a creative bone in my body.

“Liam come take a seat.”  Ashy demanded in a voice that clearly said ‘I’m in a shitty mood so don’t mess with me’.  I walked past the receptionist who scurried away and slouched in the chair in front of his desk.  “I take it you know why you’re here.”