39- Olivia

The story so far:

Louis was overworking, so Harry invited him to help photograph a wedding. During the reception, a little girl named Olivia came up to the pair of boys and asked them to dance.

Spanish Version Available: Pride | l.s. [Traducción al español] by InLarryLove

Olivia is a fun girl. Seeing her dancing only reminds me of my sisters. I remember when they would turn up the radio and dance around their rooms. Olivia is still at the age where she is very good at letting go and not caring what others think. Her little dress's skirt spins as Harry teaches her how to turn as she ducks under his arm. Olivia's eyes are bright as she looks up at me. Her eyes are uncanny. They are the exact shade of green that Harry's are.

Olivia looks away from me and light up when she sees the bride walking towards her.

"Diana!" Olivia yells in glee. The bride, Diana, swoops down and picks Olivia up with ease. She rests the kid on her hip and gives her a kiss on her forehead.

"Hey, Olivia. Have you made some friends?" Diana asks as she looks over at Harry and I. There is luckily a smile on her face and no anger.

"This is Harry and Louis. They were taking pretty pictures of you today," Olivia says with a wide smile on her face as she looks over at the two of us.

"You must be the photographer, Mr. Styles." Diana drops one hand from holding up Olivia to shake Harry's hand. "We never got to meet in person, but I loved your work. I had total faith in you to do a good job today."

"Your wedding was absolutely beautiful," Harry flatters her. "It was too easy to get nice pictures considering everything was perfect. You guys did a great job."

"Thank you," Diana replies genuinely. "Also, thanks for watching Olivia. She's so social that it's hard to keep track of her."

"It was no problem," I say. "She's a good kid."

Diana's voice drops quieter as she looks at the precious child in her arms. "Yeah, she is."

"Can I dance with Louis and Harry more?" Olivia asks sweetly. It's hard to say no to her. "Harry was teaching me turns."

"That sounds like a very good idea," Diana replies. She gives her one more kiss on her forehead before she sets Olivia back on the ground. "Now you have fun, okay?"

Olivia nods her head earnestly before she takes Harry's hand, and he guides her into an easy turn. Diana says quick goodbyes, but I notice her glancing at Olivia with a sad smile. It's hard to see such a great kid who isn't able to have a proper home. I wish there was something I could do.

Olivia's energy crashes after awhile. After many dances, she begins to feel the long day catch up with her. A slow Ed Sheeran songs comes on, and I find a little girl standing on my shoes as I sway us back and forth. She's so small that I'm in no pain luckily. The only pain I feel is in my heart. There's something about this small, innocent girl. I just want to keep her safe.

"How about we head outside?" Harry asks once Olivia starts yawning. "We can look at the pretty lights."

Olivia tiredly nods her head and lifts her arms in the air. Harry gets the message and picks her up. I follow him out of the rustic barn and over to the brick patio. There are tall cocktail tables without chairs, but everyone is inside dancing. There are some small candles on the table and strings of lights hanging across the patio that gives it a soft ambiance.

Harry and I walk over to the railing of the patio and overlook the small pond. Olivia rests her head on Harry's shoulder, and I watch her eyes finally close. Her breathing slows down as she drifts off to sleep. I can hear some insects around the surrounding wooded areas, and I feel the peace that nature has. I look over at Harry and feel even more peace.

"Yes."

"What?" I ask in confusion at Harry's random answer to a question that I don't remember.

"Earlier you asked me if I wanted to get married for sure, and the answer is yes," Harry explains as he down at Olivia. "I want this. I want to wake up in the morning and look over and see someone that I love. I want to lean over and kiss them. I want our kiss to be interrupted by our child hopping on the bed. I want the smell of pancakes on the morning of a birthday. I want popcorn movie nights. I want to read bedtime stories until she eyes close. I want all of that. Do you?"

Everyone has had the debate of having a family in their head, but Harry's answer helps me realize what I want.

"I want that too. That sounds amazing and perfect," I admit as I look over at Harry and Olivia. Harry looks down at Olivia too and presses a small kiss to her forehead.

"I wish that we could get her out of the foster system," Harry mumbles as he looks down at her. I see the sadness in his eyes.

"You can adopt," I blurt out. "I mean you're gay, so you're not going to like have a kid. Adoption in Florida is pretty good. You can be single or married. It's something to always think about. You would be a great dad."

"You think so?"

"I know so," I admit as I see Harry gently push some hair out of Olivia's face that fell there in her fit of sleep. I let out a sigh. If anyone walked by and saw us, I bet they would have thought we were just a gay couple with a kid. A small part of me wishes that we were like that.

A/N

Sorry that I'm off a day for updating. Bad day yesterday.

I have too much fun writing fluffy chapters like this. Olivia is such a cutie. Would you guys like to see her again later in the story?

xoxo raindropkiss1