21- Ferris Wheel

Harry is a lot more content after we figure out the situation about my eating habits. When we walk back to the group, Harry and I walk closer than before. Mr. Sniffles the bear becomes heavy in my arms, so Harry helps me carry him. Eleanor begins whines to me about how I'm not paying enough attention to her. I contain the eyeball rolling and promise to listen more.

"Zayn and Liam seem quite close tonight," I point out to Harry quietly. The two boys walk ahead of the group. I can see the large bear in Zayn's hand that Liam won for him. Zayn and Liam are in a deep conversation together. They are completely absorbed in it, and they're walking quite close to each other. Their free hands swing next to each other like uneven pendulums. They just miss each other every time.

"Who do you think is going to make the first move?" Harry asks as he glances over at me. We are both obviously thinking the same thing.

"Liam. Zayn tries to act cool, but he's a shy little 8-year-old boy who is chasing his crush at the playground. He still gets nervous about those things," I admit to Harry.

"Agree with the Liam part. I still can't imagine Zayn being a shy little 8-year-old boy," Harry says with a laugh. "He looks more like a Vogue model."

"I know right!" I exclaim. "I've been trying to tell him to try modeling, but he won't. He's like a walking god. It's annoying."

Harry lets out a laugh and throws his arm over my shoulder. I don't mind it there, even if my girlfriend is standing a few feet away talking to Niall.

"If he's a walking god, what am I?" Harry asks flirtatiously as he looks down at me.

I blush just like I always do. "You're my Hazza. My prince."

"I like that."

***

"I wanna go on the Ferris wheel!" Eleanor exclaims excitedly. She takes her hand in mine and drags me over. The other boys follow.

"We have to figure out who goes in which car," Liam says logically.

"Well it's only four to a car," Niall says. "I think that us boys should get to know Eleanor more. I say that me, Zayn, and Liam should go in a car with Eleanor and get to know her."

Eleanor agrees to this arrangement, but she glances at me and makes an odd face. She leans in and whispers in my ear. "We're going to need to talk about Harry later."

I nod my head and try to not look as annoyed as I feel. She has no business talking about Harry with me. The rest of the boys and Eleanor file into the cart once it comes about. They wave goodbye to Harry and I before they pull away and go on their merry way. Harry and I slide into our car with Mr. Sniffles. We pull away from the ground. The lights of the carnival get further away as we go higher into the sky.

"Zayn and I used to play a game on Ferris wheels. You have to ask the other person any question that pops into your head. It could be about your favorite color, or it could be super deep and personal. It's just interesting because no one can hear you even though you're surrounded by people," I say randomly off the top of my head. Zayn and I used to go to any festival or carnival that was in town. It's been awhile since we've done that until now.

"I'll go first. Do you have any siblings?" Harry asks. It's such a simple question, but it hits me hard.

"Um yeah. I have six sisters actually. I haven't seen them in awhile."

"That's a full house. Your turn."

"What did you want to be when you were little?" I ask.

"A singer. I wanted to be a rock star," Harry replies with a soft smile. "Have you ever been in a play or musical?"

An immediate blush comes to my face. I turn away from Harry and look out over the city. I can see the streetlights and car headlights for miles. It's beautiful. It's oddly peaceful too as we near the time.

"Uh oh, why is Lou blushing? C'mon! Now you have to tell me," Harry says with a sweet, innocent smile on his face. He leans forward and rests his head in his hand as his elbow balances on his knee.

"Um, I was in Grease," I admit. I feel my face turning redder.

"Who did you play?" Harry asks with an even wider smile.

"Danny..."

"Oh my gosh, you must have been amazing! Wish I could've seen it."

Instead of Harry laughing at me like I expected, he is being completely supportive of what I did. He finds it cool and amazing that I sang in a musical. Eleanor burst out laughing when I brought it up last week.

"It wasn't that good. Now my turn. Um, this one is personal. Uh, why have you been having troubles sleeping, Haz?" I ask quietly. Both of our expressions fade from smiles into a straight face. Harry looks away from me. It's his turn to look out over the city.

"It um it started around the time we started fighting. I just couldn't fall asleep. When I wake up, it feels like I barely slept. It got bad. It got really bad while you were gone. I just couldn't function. I stopped hanging out with anyone. I didn't leave my apartment as often. Now that we're together again, it's still not getting better," Harry begins to explain, but he won't look at me. "I finally went to the doctor last week. In my family, we uh have like a hereditary depression. I had a little bit throughout high school, but it's just starting to hit me harder I guess. The doctor assumes it's that. He gave me some antidepressants, and it's getting a little better."

Harry doesn't look at me. I put my hand on his knee. He finally turns to look at me. I see the tears forming in his eyes. I don't want him to cry. I leave Mr. Sniffles and walk across the small cabin. I sit on the bench next to Harry. I'm small enough and the bench is large enough that I can pull my legs up onto the bench. I wrap my arms around my legs and lean slightly against Harry.

The way he looked so sad recently makes more sense. When I saw him for the first time after our break, he looked horrible. I didn't think it was as extreme as depression. I just need to make sure he knows that he doesn't have to fight this alone.

"I didn't know that you were feeling so down, Haz," I reply in a small voice. "I'm glad that you're feeling better, but I wish there was something I could do to help. I'll always be here for you. If you're ever feeling down or a danger to yourself, call me. I'll be over within minutes. I'll drop everything for you, even if you just need someone to give you a hug."

Harry finally looks at me. I can see a small, sad smile on his face. It's better than nothing. His arm lifts up, and he wraps it around my body.

"Thanks, Boo Bear. You're doing enough as it is. Being with you just makes me feel a lot better."

"Really?"

"Really. Um, I'm sorry for dumping this on you. We were supposed to be having a fun day night, but now we're talking about such series topics," Harry says somewhat sadly.

"It's okay, Hazza. I like knowing more about you. We're growing a friendship."

Friendship.

That word is still hard for me to say, but we both smile and pretend it doesn't hurt as the Ferris wheel begins to take us back down to the real world.

A/N

Song on side is Friends by Ed Sheeran because it screams Larry. Mood board on side is something I made from pictures I found.

Thank you all so much for 2K reads! I can't believe you guys actually like the book this much... Wow...

xoxo raindropkiss1