Chapter Thirty Five~Court

*Unknown Time/Day🚫
--Nya's POV--

Regaining my conscious, I open my eyes slowly, seeing a bright white light above my head. I turn my head slowly, seeing Brandi in the bed next to me, with bandages around her head and wearing a breathing mask. But I also noticed that she was also handcuffed to the hospital bed, making me look down myself to see that I was too. ...fuck...we got caught

*A few minutes later*🕓
Door opens💢🚪

I look over to see two doctors come in, along with my dad and Brandi's parents. I watch as my dad comes up to me, looking so disappointed to see me like this.

"What happened Nya" he folds his arms.

"Car accident..."

"Where were you?"

"McDonald's..."

"Doing what?"

"It's your fault our children are like this! Maybe if you've kept your daughter at home where she needed to be! This all could've been avoided" Brandi's mom yells at my dad.

"Aye! Our children are old enough to make decisions on they're own. And it was your daughter behind the wheel! So stop yelling and shut the fuck up! My daughter needs to rest!" my dad snaps. ...man I love this guy😌

Her mom doesn't respond and storms out angrily after that, leaving my dad to look back at me.

"And you know you in big trouble, right" he looks at me.

"Yes I know dad..."

"With the police, not me. Since you wanna act like an adult, you gotta face this like one. If you gotta go to jail...then you gotta do your time. Daddy ain't saving you no more. I'm so tired of this Shit Nya, you could've been killed! Or got hurt badly! You wanna die!? Or live your life behind bars!? You too old for this Shit! And I'm done baby-ing you..." he yells before walking away.

I look up, a shamed. Letting a tear fall down from my eye as he then left the room. ....man, what am I doing.😔

*A few days Later*

"Brandi?..." I look over at her.

"Yeah?"

"We gotta stop this...."

"Stop what?"

"Being bad and shit"

"Yeah...maybe you right"

"I am. Shit, now we gotta go to court for beating that bitch up. We could go to jail for battery and assault yo"

I hear her sigh and look away.

"I don't know about you but....I don't wanna go to jail at 17 or at any age"

"I don't either bro..."

"I need to learn some discipline anyways. I figured out what I wanna do when I graduate"

"What?"

"Go to the Army..."

"Why the Army?" she looks over.

"Because, I just do. It's a good fit for me I think"

"Awwe but I don't want you to leave me here..."

"But at least I'll be protecting you back home, you know" I smile, looking at it that way.

"Yeah..."

*5 Days Later*🕓

So after being in the hospital to heal from our injuries, we were then transported to a police station downtown where we got booked. So now me and Brandi are in individual holding cells until they call us out to court.

I was nervous though, this girl could be decision to if I end up in jail or not. And I have a huge feeling, she's gonna try to get my ass back for beating her up. ...Damn I'm fucked.😔

--Court--😧

I'm escorted first into the court room, wearing my orange jumpsuit and handcuffs behind my back. They sit me down and I watch as two other guards pull in Brandi, sitting her down right next to me.

Then came in that girl we jumped, being helped into the court on two crutches. ....Damn. Now I know we going to jail.😒💯

Seeing her all banged up, with a brace around her neck and on crutches, I sit back and Sigh. I done lost hope now..

"This court is now in session, in the case of Brown versus Ford and Jackson on battery and assault charges. The honorable Judge Smith presiding" a officer says, stepping back.

"Thank you, You all may be seated. Now Ms. Brown, let's start with you. Tell me what happened to you on that night"

"Well your honor, I was at work...working the night shift when Ms. Jackson punched me through the drive thru window"

"She punched you through a drive thru window huh?"

"Yes. Then her and her friend pulled me down from out the window and then started jumping me"

"Ms. Jackson is that true?" the judge looked at me.

"Yes your honor"

"Why did you and Ms. Ford beat up on Ms. Brown in the first place?"

"She and her friends jumped me beforehand so I wanted to get revenge"

"Is that true?" she looks at the girl.

"Yes" she said.

"Well whatever happened in the past doesn't matter now, it's time to get you some help if you want it. Since Ms. Jackson and Ms. Ford jumped you and caused you to seek medical attention, you are the victim. Now as the victim, you can decide whether or not these two go to jail. If they do however, will have to face 3 to 5 years on 800 dollars bail. Are you willing to press charges?"

I sigh once more and look at Brandi, giving her the face like 'we're fucked'.
I then glance over at the girl, who looked over at us barely with her neck brace. But I quickly looked down, biting my lip in aggravation.

"Ms. Brown? Your answer?

"....No. I won't press charges. I started it...." the girl looks down. ...wow really😰

"Okay. Ms. Jackson and Ms. Ford, you are free to go on probation. This court is dismissed, case close" she bangs the gavel.

--After Court--

I come up to the girl with my dad, wanting to maybe make peace of the situation now. It was only the right thing to do.

"Hey. Thanks for not pressing charges" I say.

"Yeah sure"

"I'm sorry about jumping you and breaking your legs. But I think I deserve one in return"

"Your right okay. I'm sorry for jumping you last year, and you didn't need to apologize for anything. I kinda deserve it"

"Well its good to make peace with you. I'm D'Nyah by the way, what's your name" I reach out my hand.

"Mika" she shakes my hand.

Nya in the Media🚔🚨
Hey readers😋👋