Chapter Eighty Five~Desean

=The Next Day=✨🕞

"So...I met a guy last night" I smile, taking a sip of my coffee to watch them smile.

"Where at?" Ray asked me.

"At a bar" I shrug.

"I come to this place all the time, they have great drinks here. And don't be surprised if you get a little attetion from the men tonight too, just let them buy you a drink" she laughs.

"True. I hear that" I laugh with her as we both step into the Pink Berry Bar.

"Ouu. Is he cute?" Bri smiles

"Honey.....he is FINE" I laugh, taking out my phone to show the girls a picture.

he is FINE" I laugh, taking out my phone to show the girls a picture

"Mmm. You don't have more?" Ray laughs, staring at my phone.

"Ray, we just met" I chuckle.

"He is cute and I'm gay saying that" Riley says.

"Bish shut up, your Bi-sexual...." Bri corrects her.

"And your bi-fucking-bald headed!" she snaps back.

"Aye, cut it out you two..." Ray says. "So how did he approach you, or did you approach him?"

"Shit, I'm not that bold anymore. He approached me..."

"Hey miss" I hear a deep voice startle me from behind.

Jumping, I turn around to a guy laughing at my reaction. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you"

"Oh its okay" I smile at him, taking in his 'Sharp' appearance.

Dressed in a Black jacket and some nice black jeans, his light skin glew in the dim and subtle room. His hair was in braids at the top, that hanged down from his low cut at the bottom. His eyebrows were low and in a very sharp and thick arched. His facial hair was on point as well, so this guy was really stunting on em tonight.🙈👀😍

"You mind if I talk to you, maybe you can make my night" he takes a seat next to me on a bar stool.

"What did y'all talk about?" Riley asked.

"Uh, just about what we like to do. He told me he works out and plays basketball for a hobbie. And um--that....he has a kid... "

All of their eyes widen hearing the words "he has a kid" escape my mouth.

"He has a kid?"

"Yeah and he told you from the jump?"

"Yeah, I know right. Well at least he's honest and feels like that is important enough to tell me first off" I say.

"Wow. I like this guy. He seems good" Ray says.

"Whats his name?"

"Desean..." I smile.

"Awe. Desean and Brandi" Brianna says, making a heart with her hands.

"Lets not go that far" I hold my hand up. "I'm trying to take things slow with this guy. I mean, I just met him yesterday and I haven't dated since...2 years ago. Let alone, talk to someone in that way"

"Damn. So your really lasting this long without sex? Me and you are freaks Brandi, your breaking our code" Brianna teased.

"Welp. Just like a man put a rock on your finger and put his baby inside you, I'm waiting on mine now" I tell her.

"What? Really?" Ray says, making her eyes big again.

"Yeah, is that surprising?" I ask.

"Well yeah because you said you weren't looking to settle down....or have any kids"

I sigh and look down. "I lied. I lied to you guys and.... I lied to myself. I always wanted to settle down but with someone who truly loves me, you know. I had that before but....he cheated and got the girl pregnant. Like, if you say that you are in love with someone....why go be intimate with someone else. That shit hurts. But its okay, he obviously wasn't the one for me like I thought. And truth is,......I already....have a kid"

"Wait....you have a kid?"

"You do?"

They all looked at me as I sighed and looked down at my fingers. Even now, my son was still a sensitive topic for me. "I had him when I was 19 and his name is Gabriel..."

"Awe"

"Where is he?"

"He's somewhere *chuckles lightly* somewhere thats better than being with me. I gave him up to a church and an old woman took him in, promising me that he'll be okay. But at the time, I was homeless on the streets back in Atlanta. I didn't want.....that precious little boy to go through what I went through. He deserved a better way of life....but I just couldn't give him that sadly"

"But you have a better life now. Why don't you go find him again...?"

I look away again, letting a tear escape from my eye as I quickly wiped it away. "...I'm scared...."

"Why though, boo?" Bri asked.

"Because...what if he rejects me, you know. What if I ruin his life by exposing the fact that he has me as a mother. A hoe...a slut...a bitch....a monster. What if I fuck up his life....like I always seem to do when someone else loves me" I cry. ...it just always seems that way to me. And I'd be lying to myself, if I said I wasn't thinking about D'Nyah too.💔😓

"Awe. Don't cry beautiful" Riley says, holding my hand.

"It's hard not to, when the real you is just a monster....one that struggles with being nice and being mean. God, I just hate my disorder. You guys are so blessed"

"And you are too Lo. We all are, to even be sitting here....,talking...and breathing. Everyday is a gift, treat it like one and don't let that get in the way of your happiness. That's why you never see me upset or sad too often. Why worry about the little things when I have a life to live another day" A'Raya says, really touching my heart. ....Brandi you need to keep being strong. Suck it up and don't let that shit break you down.💯

I straightened up and got myself together. "That really touched me Ray and your absolutely right. At least I reached age 27 right. But like I was saying before,  I just wanna wait and see if he comes back to me. Like whenever he's ready to know me, instead of me just coming in the door to say "hey I'm your real mom". What if the old lady hasn't even told him yet. So whenever he's ready to know who I am....I'm sure he'll find me someway. Like how I found my dad"

Dez in the Media💎👀💸