Christmas holidays

I was set to be going to the Potters house for Christmas this year and Dad was going to come over at twelve on Christmas day and i'd go back to the school for the rest of the holidays. I was leaving tomorrow and decided to pack my bag the night before.

"Change of plan girlies" Marlene said bursting through the door. We all looked her way.

"My family have now booked a holiday and I am going with them" Marlene smirked. Lily and Alice were going to Lily's for the christmas holidays as planned several weeks ago.

"Ok then, at least there will be no loners until the last week" Lily said diverting her attention from Marlene and over to me. I just shrugged when they all looked in my direction.

"Just make sure to tell me if you guys get bored of Lily's, Dad would be happy to transfer you back to the school in the last week" I said smirking at Lily and Alice.

"Sure, sure" Alice retorted.

"But, i'll ask again, you sure your making the right choice these holidays Ali, you have to deal with those four boys for most of the holidays" Lily asked with a pointed look. It was obvious they were unsure of what the boys could be up to.

"Yes Lil's, relax, if the boys are trouble you will hear it, from me" I said rolling my eyes. So far I had been asked twenty times and counting about wether I was happy enough to go and spend the majority of the Christmas holidays at the Potters house. I looked to Marlene who was now throwing things violently into her trunk.

"Can someone help me, if you haven't noticed, I have five minutes to get this stuff in my bag and I have a lot of it" She huffed. I walked over and threw a shirt into her beg from a couple of meters away.

"Throwing practice" I yelled stepping back and throwing something else in. Soon everyone else but Marlene had joined in.

"Time to go" Lily said as Marlene zipped her trunk closed. We all exited the room dragging our trunks behind us.

When we were nearing the end of the train trip silence filled the compartment and I realised that I should be finding the boys so we can leave quickly without losing people. I just couldn't be bothered to stand.

"I should find where the boys are but my legs aren't working properly" I said lying back against the chair. I saw the girls smirk in my peripheral vision causing me to roll my eyes again.

"You guys are so mean to them" I exclaimed.

"We have reasons, anyway, it's not like Potter will be working with me in any circumstances" Lily said shaking her head.

"If reasons include the fact that he constantly asks you out then you can take that from your list because I believe he hasn't asked you out for a long while" I smirked.

"But he isn't nice to friends" Lily said.

"If your talking about Snape then you should be happy he is getting back at him for calling you the 'M' word" I countered with a smile. Lily became slightly more flustered.

"He has a big head, his ego is overgrown" Lily said crossing her arms.

"That is true, I most definitely can not counter that, his ego takes the best of him in most moments, Sirius most definitely has a bigger head though" I said. Alice and Marlene both nodded.

"Hear, hear" Lily said.

"Don't start this again Prongs, you know you'll never score Evans heart, just give up" Sirius' voice called from down the hallway.

"Speak of the devil" Lily whispered rolling her eyes. We all broke into quiet giggles.

"Thanks for the courage Padfoot, I wasn't going to ask her out, you know she'll say no and my heart will break even further" James said and I could almost see him pretending to have his heart broken. "Of course, you wouldn't know what a broken heart is"