Part 36

I followed behind Joey as we walked into a large room; the same room Negan took me in to get food before we left for Alexandria. I think this place was supposed to be meant as some sort of kitchen/cafeteria, but it really just reminded me of a prison, to be honest.

"So do all these people hate me?" I joked quietly as I got multiple dirty looks in my direction, causing Joey to chuckle.

"Eh, kinda," He shrugged, "You're new here and people have noticed that Negan's taken a liking to you; they probably don't think it's fair."

"Life's not fair anymore." I mocked him, grabbing a small package of crackers off of one of the tables.

"Hey, hey, hey!" An unknown man said loudly, quickly walking over to where I stood, "Nothing's free, missy! This shit costs points, you know that-"

"Rod, leave her alone, she doesn't need points." Joey said, cutting in.

The man named Rod scoffed, glaring at Joey before turning his attention back to me, "So you're Negan's new bitch?"

I bit my tongue, already hating this guy but remembering what Negan told me-- threatened me with.

"Shit.. I can see why he's been keeping you around," he smirked, running his eyes over my body, "Tell me baby, has he been gentle with you?"

"Ok Rod, that's enough." Joey hesitantly cut in again, obviously intimidated by this guy as well.

"You can shut the fuck up, fat ass!" Rod exclaimed, revealing how much of a hothead he was and invoking the attention of everyone in the room.

I shook my head, my attitude getting the best of me, "Oh, fuck off already!"

Rod cocked his head at me, amused, "You better watch your pretty little mouth, princess," he warned, "Before I fill it with something else-"

"Rod!" A familiar voice echoed through the room, everyone, including Rod, immediately kneeling as a familiar fear washed over me.

The room went silent beside the faint sound of footsteps and an eerie whistle. I took a deep breath, slowly turning around to see Negan, along with a few men, strolling up to where I stood, Lucille resting on his shoulder.

"Shit, I can't leave you alone for 2 hours without you starting something, darling." He laughed, kissing my forehead.

"I didn't-"

"She really didn't, sir, I was here the whole-" Joey cut in, trying to defend me.

"Was I fucking talking to you?" Negan asked lowly, looking down to the man who knelt before him.

"No-"

"Right! So don't do that shit again, got it?" Negan asked, visibly getting more irritated by the second.

Joey silently nodded in response.

"Rod," Negan smiled, mischief in his voice, "You want to repeat that shit you just said?"

Rod hesitantly shook his head as he continued staring at the ground.

"Fuck man, I really hate to do this," Negan sighed before a smile reappeared on his face, "But I think it's time we made another example!"

Immediately everyone's heads shot up to Negan as hushed gasps were heard from around the room.

"Take him outside!" Negan ordered before Joey and two other men quickly made their way to Rod, leading the man out of large metal doors as he began pleading for his life.

"Negan wait, please don't do this!" I begged, not wanting to be the cause of another death.

"Oh, I'm not darling," he smirked, "You are."

My mouth immediately fell open in shock as I tried to get any words of protest out, but was unable to. Fear stunned my body, knowing that I couldn't do anything to stop what was about to happen next.

Negan chuckled at my reaction, amused at the power he had over me before grabbing the walkie talkie from his belt, "Hey Dwight, can you bring Daryl out to the fence by the dining hall? I'm gonna need him."

_____
So, what do you thinks gonna happen?

If you haven't caught on yet, Negan's trying to break Liz just like he's doing with Daryl, and just like he already did with Rick.
But he's taking a bit of a different approach to it.. I wonder why🌚