Chapter Nine

The music booms around us. filling ny ears with a defining ring. the cart wobbling as we make our way through the streets, the capitol people throwing roses, clothes even money. im disgusted, why throw away something as important as money? my mother works her fingers to the bone trying to make money, and barely scrapes up enough to feed us. act like you want to be there. ok. i can do this. i wave with one arm and hold onto the chariot with the other, i put on the best smile i can make, the people screaming and jumping, a rose flies towards me, i catch it and blow a kiss in the direction it came in. it makes the crowd carzier. i look down at he rose its beautiful soft white petals glowing in the low evening light. i laugh and blow kisses to everyone. the capitol screaming out my name, screaming out District Tweleve. i look up at the giant tv screen, and see my face. i look scared, confused, angry. i put all that aside, and try to make myself look happy, i think of Ave. how hes watching me right now. how hes wishing and hoping that i come home. that i win, and i cant do that without sponsers. Jasper taps my shoulder when i look at him he smiles and hands me a dark red rose.

"thank you" i laugh. i can feel my face get red. i look down and notice that my dress is sparking again. its amazing. i have to thank Areies when i get back. the City Circle comes into view, President Snow on her big platform. she is medium sized, short bolnd hair, and dark brown eyes. she is wearing a short green dress, and high heels to match. i think shes in her mid-twenties. she smiles and waves, until she sees District Tweleve. she just gives us a cold stare, i understand why it is Katniss' fault her grandfater's dead. i smile wickedly at her, which makes her stomp forward to the microphone. we come to a stop right in the middle of the circle.

"Welcome tributes!" President Snow's voice echo's around us, "Happy Hunger Games, may the odds be ever in your favor" she grins, " since the Rebellion, this is our first Hunger Games, and i would like to have them in memory of my Grandfather. Fromer President Coriolanus Snow. There have been two Rebillion's one where the Capitol won, tweleve Districts surrenderd, the Thirteenth obliterated. then again the Districts rose up. but this time the Rebellion won. see, even though they won we are still back where we started, back to the Hunger Games." she stops and takes a breath, she looks at our chariot, sending daggers at District Tewelve, i look at Jasper, he looks confused just staring back at President Snow.

"Thank you all for comming out to see this years Tributes! wish them luck in the up comming Games!" she yells, and waves with both hands. her short blond hair bobs as she walks back to her seat. the chariots turn and were heading back to the training arena. the crowd even louder than before. i laugh and wace with both hands, blowing kisses to the Capitol. they Chant our names, jumping and screaming. the cart wobbles a lot and i fall into Jasper. he catches my arm, i look up into his eyes.

"thank you" i say smiling. i can feel my face getting red. i see the training center comming into view. i blow a couple more kisses and wave some more and then we roll into the training center. Haymitch and Areise help me down from the cart, Haymitch holding on my arm. Areies swiftly walking beside me. he notices me shivering and he puts a black leather jacket over my shoulders. i put my arms through the sleeves

"that was amazing Sweetie!" he chimes beside me. "that trick with the rose, and the falling bit! when did you plan that?" he looks at me.

"i didnt, i actually fell. and he actually gave me the rose" i say rolling my eyes,

"well whatever", he says elbowing me a little, "it was still perfect" he says, he stops and presses the button for the elevator.

"well this is where i say goodbye" winks Areies, "i will see you at the interviews" he smiles and pats me on the back,

"bye" i smile. he waves turning away. i notice Jasper waving to his Stylist and walking over with Katniss. the doors open with a ding and we walk in. Diamond skips into the elevator just as Katniss is pressing tewelve. neiter Jasper or i question her but she explains why we are on the 12th floor,

"the floors go by District", she says looking from me to Jasper, "Since were twelve we get the top floor" she leans closer to us and whispers, "and the best food. but dont tell anyone" she winks. we all laugh a little before the door opens. i am taken aback by the colours, and the furniture. there is a big yellow satin couch, in front of the couch there is a short long table made completly of glass, with dark blue water, with red, yellow, orange, green, and purple bubbles floating on the surface of the water, all facing a black and white marble wall, with a hologram machine on the celing. there is a big dark brownish-red table with dark blue chairs around it.

"hey Sweetheart remember the last time we were in this apartment together?" he laughs elbowing Katniss, she just laughs and shoves him slightly.

"tomorrow is your first day of training, so you both need to be up and dressed in your training uniform and be downstairs in the training room by 8:00", Haymitch says staring at us. "your rooms are right down there, goodnight" he says walking the opposite way.

"so i guess i'll see you tomorrow morning" Jasper says smiling and walking down the hall to his room.

"i guess so" i say, i go to open the door to my room and relize i still have the roses in my hand. i walk back out into the living room to one of the servents,

"could i get a glass of water please?" i ask her smiling, she looks down at my hand and raises her and saying one minute. she comes in with a beautiful vase tinted purple, big enough for the two roses, i smile at her,

"thank you very much" i say taking the vase, she smiles and walks back to her place near the table. i put the already wilting roses and put them in the ice cold water. i walk into my room, the walls are purple and silver, with a bed spread to match, one wall is just a big window, theres a side table with a lamp, i leave it unlit. theres a small curved remote beside the lamp. i put the vase down and pick up the remote. i swipe my finger across the remote and the window turns into the City Circle, then there are numbers from one to twelve, i swipe my finger across a of them, figuring out its all of the Districts, it stops on twelve, and there it is. my forest. my home. i leave it on just in its presence feeling the peace, feeling at home. i take off my headpeice, and let my hair out. i look at my self in the dark mirror. the only light comming from the 'forest' outside my window. i spin one last time before i take my dress in favour for pajamas, i watch as the edges of the dress flick in the air sending sparks dancing across the dark walls. i stop and again look in the mirror the last bit of sparks flying in the air and off the dress,

that we are still here and we are still burning. i finally understand what Katniss ment, the Rebellion. The Rebellion is still here its in everyone, and we are still burning. the dieing sparks make my grey eyes golden. i reluctantly take the beautiful dress off, and put on some black pajamas. i climb into my big bed, and pull the covers up to my nose. i look at the 'forest' outside my window.

"goodnight Ave" i say closing my eyes. "i will see you soon" and i fall into a deep dreamless sleep.

_____________________________

thanks again to all the people reading my story :)) i hope you like it. and im sorry its taken so long to post this chapter, i've had a lot of homework due to exams. if you do like it then please tell your friends or share. it would mean a lot to me:))

~Cassey ♥♥

Vote

Comment

Share