Chapter Seventeen

I walk into Aries' room and sit down on the overstuffed armchair in the corner. I see a black bag hanging on the back of the door. I imagine it's my dress for tonight. Tonight. I shudder at the thought. Whats going to happen? What if Ceaser asks me a question I can't anwser? My hands start to shake. If I'm this scared to go out on stage for my interview than how am I going to be going into the arena? I take a deep breath. Calm down. I tell myself. Avery is going to be watching. I need to be brave. I need to be brave for him. Just then Aries bursts through the door with two plates of food.

"Hello, beautiful", he says as I stand up, he hands me my dinner. "Are you ready for tonight?" My hands start to shake again, and I shake my head. "There's nothing to worry about. I'll be right there in the front row. Pretend like it's just you and I. Like I'm the one asking the questions." I nod my head. We both sit down and put our plates on the table.

"Okay. But what if I mess up? What if I say something wrong?" I ask taking a bite of the steak.

"Well we're going to work on that. Have you figured out your style yet?" He asks.

"Haymitch says I'm brave. That I'm the brave girl from District twelve." I say.

"Hmmm", Aries nods his head, "that will definatly work. Did you and Haymitch work on how you will anwser Ceasers questions? Did he run over what he is probably going to ask you?" He asks.

"Not really. We were about to but Katniss brought up the Rebillion and he got all moody and left the room." I say. Aries looks at me than looks at his food. "What? Why does everyone do that?" I ask frustrated.

"Do what?" Aries asks still looking at the floor.

"That!" I point at him. "As soon as the Rebellion is mentioned people won't even look in my general direction. What did I do?" I ask. Aries takes a deep breath and looks up at me.

"It's not my position to tell you Cassandra. Haymitch will tell me when he's ready." He say's taking a large bite of his potatoes.

"Tell me what? I don't understand" I ask slumping forward.

"I don't know. It's his secret not mine." He says with a shrug. We finish the rest of our dinners in silence. He takes both of our plates to a small opening in the wall and presses a button.

"What's that?" I ask.

"It's like an elevator but for dirty dishes. We put them in there and it goes into the kitchen for the Avox's to wash. He walks back to the table and sits down.

"Aries... I'm scared. I am terrified actually." I confess. "I wasn't scared before but now..." I let my voice trail off. He stands up and takes my hand, I stand as well. He pulls me into a tight hug.

"Everything is going to be okay. I promise. You're going to be amazing tonight and you are going to win the games. You know how I know?" He asks. I shake my head. "Because you are stronger than they are. You will find a way to win this." He says. I nod y head. He pulls away from the hug and still holding y hand guides me to a table with a large mirror. I sit down and immediately he pulls out a number of different make up products. "Okay, so we're going to keep it simple, but edgy at the same time. We don't want you to look like a little girl if you're trying to look brave." He says turning the chair to face him. He starts to put a liquid on my face that looks about the same colour as my face.

"What is that?" I ask. He smiles at me.

"It's foundation, a type of concealer. It'll help cover up any scars or red marks on you're face. You really don't need it though." He say's finishing up. He grabs a big bushy brush and dabs it in some dry powder, about the same colour as the foundation. "This will add a matte finish to you're foundation."