Canada x Soldier!Reader

Canada got down on one knee, and pulled out a little black box. When he opened it up, it had a ring. "(Y/N), will you marry me?" She looked at him with tear-stained eyes. "Yes, I will marry you, Canada." After that, it seemed as if nothing could tear the two of you apart. That is until the letter came.

He was standing at the funeral service, wondering why this had to happen. He didn't talk to anyone at the funeral. He just stood, looking into the casket, and tried to keep the tears in. He looked at her, the girl that he loved. "Why did you have to go," is all Canada could ask. He could no longer keep the tears in and fell to the ground with a thud. France saw this, and went over to him. Canada held onto France for dear life. He just cried, wondering what he did to deserve this. Did he not love you enough, did he not care about you enough, what did he do wrong? He knows that it is possible for humans to die in war, but losing you in one was hard for him. He knew that he was going to lose you one day, but he wanted it to be when you were older, and in peace. He didn't want you to die as young as you were, and not in a war. All he did that day after, was cry, and he isolated himself from the world, until France came over one day.

*Time skip about a year later*

He was standing at your grave, with a single red rose. "I love you, (Y/N)." He let a single tear fall from his eye, and laid the rose down on your grave. And on the rose was your ring. "I hope we meet again, and I hope that when we do you will have a different life, one where you don't die in a war." What Canada didn't know was that you were at your grave right then. You smiled, and said, "I love you too Canada." He looked up and saw the strangest thing, he saw your ghost, and then you vanished. He smiled and then walked away.

(Sorry if it's short, but I had no clue how to write this. Man, as I was writing this, I started crying. How could I do this to little Canada?)