He made direct eye contact and I gave him a look as if to say 'what happened?'. His shoulder lifted in a small shrug before he walked away.

What?

"Wait." I called after him but he ignored me and kept walking.

I let out a frustrated sigh and followed him.

"What happened?" I asked and he looked at me with a passive look on his face.

"I really don't have time for your scolding right now." He muttered and sped up his pace.

Jeez.

"I'm not scolding, I am just asking."

"Look, I don't think this is going to work anymore. You tried, but I simply do not care about passing school. So, I'll just stop wasting both of our times and end the tutoring sessions." He said and he added another notch to his speed.

I ran after him and grabbed his upper arm to stop him.

"That is such bull and you know it. You want to graduate with good grades." I huffed. "So, what happened that made you not even put your name on your test?" I asked and he shook his head and gave me a smile.

But this was nothing like his usual smiles. This was a very fake smile.

"It doesn't matter." He said and I gave him an annoyed look before pulling him to the side of the hallway.

"Liam- "I began but he cut me off.

"Daisy, I said that this is over. So, you don't need to worry about my grades anymore."

Something happened when his father walked into the study room at his house. Because his entire demeaner changed when he returned. And something happened when my father pulled into his driveway when I was leaving. I have no idea what, but it is something major. Because when my father got home, he went straight to his office with a bottle of scotch and went to his office.

He only grabs the scotch when he has a difficult case.

"The tutoring sessions don't end until I say so." I told him and he ran his hands through his hair.

"I forgot where I was." He finally said.

"Biology is not my number one priority at the moment. And I forgot that I was in a classroom and I had a test to take because it wasn't even remotely important to me." He shrugged and I took in a deep breath.

"I am really sorry for that. But it is still a priority." I told him.

"Damn it Daisy. Why can't you just-" He started but stopped. I took a step back and frowned at the boy standing in front of me.

He looks different. There are dark circles under his eyes, indicating that he hasn't been sleeping very well. His hair is messier than the regular 'I run my hands through my hair' mess that I'm used to. His entire demeaner is different. His shoulders are stiff and his jaw is clenched and he keeps shifting it from left to right like he's grinding his teeth. His hands are hidden in his pockets but I can clearly see that they are balled up into fists.

He's either really pissed off or he's under a ridiculous amount of stress that have been added onto him in the last twenty-four hours.

"Meet me in the TC after school." I told him and he frowned at me.

"You may not care about biology, but you care about your grades and so do I." I told him. "I'm going to try to get Mrs. Knowles to give you a second chance." I told him and he frowned at me.