april 22nd, 2021

feedback aka comments pls

"cal baby it's time to get up."

calum grunted softly before rolling over and burying his head under his pillow ignoring the gentle voice of his lover.

"c'mon love, you really have to get up. you slept through your alarm."

"nooo." calum grumbled half asleep.

"yeah babe." michael giggled. "tucker is already up and eating breakfast. it's your turn now."

"i don't wanna." calum whined.

"well you gotta." michael replied softly. "just have to get through today and it will all be over."

"fine fine i'm up." calum muttered finally opening his eyes and sitting up.

he rubbed his eyes and looked up to see michael perched on his knees next to him on the bed.

"morning beautiful." michael cooed.

"oh shut it." calum retorted playfully. "i probably look like shit right now."

"never." michael stated. "let's go eat now so then we can get a move on with the day."

"alright." calum huffed holding his hands out to michael. "help me up."

michael chuckled softly and helped calum up to his feet.

the two lovers made their way downstairs surrounded by a comfortable silence only to have that broken by the bustle occurring in the kitchen. tucker was happily yapping his mouth off to mali while stuffing his little mouth with pancakes and joy and david were leaning against the counter in their own little world talking about who knows what.

"daddy!" tucker squealed when he finally spotted calum standing in the doorway.

"morning little man." calum called.

"come eat with me! nana made pancakes."

"nana always makes you pancakes tuck." calum pointed out laughing.

"go on." michael whispered in calum's ear before lightly shoving him towards the five year old.

calum shook his head softly and made his way over to the five year old. he gently picked tucker up and sat down in tucker's seat before placing him on his lap and wrapping his arms around him. tucker quickly got comfortable before digging back into his pancakes, occasionally feeding calum a piece or two. calum lazily drank his coffee while silently watching everyone go about their morning business.

"daddy i'm done." tucker chirped, breaking calum out of his trance.

"alright then let's go get dressed."

he took the last sip of his coffee before standing up with tucker in his arms and leaving the kitchen without another word. the sinking feeling of going back to court had finally set back in and oh how he was dreading it.

***

"all rise, the honorable justice miller presiding."

just like the day before calum and everyone else in the courtroom stood up as the judge made his way to the bench.

"please be seated." he said. "today we are going to begin and hopefully finish the prosecution and examination of evidence and then get on with the sentencing and have this case closed by this afternoon. is everyone ready to start?"

"yes your honor." both lawyers stated in reply.

"let's begin then." the judge said. "mr. wright your first witness please."