20

BAILEY

"Congratulations, you have a healthy baby boy" the doctor said as he placed him in my chest

"Congratulations, you have a healthy baby boy" the doctor said as he placed him in my chest. I had tears rolling down my cheeks as he wailed and trembled from the cold

"Shh, sweet pea, it's okay" I cooed wrapping the blanket around him. I kissed his forehead as I held him close. He was beautiful. I was able to breast feed him before they took him to get weighed and measured.

"What time was he born?" I asked Leo who looked at the time

"4:45 am" he replied and I nodded, I was exhausted.

"How much does he weigh and measure?" Leo asked the nurse

"He weighs 6 lbs. 10 oz and measures 18 1/2 inches" the lady replied as she swaddled our baby before bringing him to us.

"We'll give him a bath when you're in your room" she said as she handed him to me and I nodded taking my baby into my arms and cuddling him close.

"You should try breast feeding him again" the nurse stated and I nodded doing as she said. I was able to get him to latch on quickly and he began suckling. He was so small and adorable. He has a head full of dark hair and skin a light pink.

"Hi lovey" I whispered caressing his forehead and he frowned making me smile

"I'm so proud of you" Leo murmured kissing my temple making me close my eyes with a soft sigh.

~*~*~

"What his name?" Amira asked as they sat on the couch in the recovery room a few moments later and I bit my lip.

"Michael Avery Davidson" Leo answered making me look at him with wide eyes and uncle Allen smiled. Tears filled my eyes at the mention of my father's name. Amira frowned at my reaction and asked what was wrong

"No-nothing" I murmured

"It was her father's name" uncle Allen said before Leo or I could say anything.

"Oh, that's such a beautiful name" she said and we smiled looking at the crib where Michael slept. He looked so at peace. Nurses came and went all checking to see how we were doing and greeted the family. I was discharged from the hospital three days later and I couldn't be happier.