7

LEO

The yard was filled with screaming children and laughing adults making me smile. Seeing my family and friends together makes me happy. These type of events rarely happen so we try to make the best of it. Looking across the yard I spot the girl that gets my heart beating a mile per second with just her smile alone. She looked breathtaking in her simple outfit. She makes everything look perfect and yet she barely tries and that's something I like about her. We've been going on dates and getting to know each other more and more and I can honestly tell you that I'm falling in love with her.

She helps me with my problems and is always there to listen to me and never judges me for the way I act. It's been exactly 4 weeks since we met and 3 since we went on our first date. My parents didn't start dating until a year after they met in person but they did meet while my dad was deployed and they wrote letters to each other so their relationship had already developed in that time frame unlike mine and Bailey's. Maybe I'll ask her to be my girlfriend in a couple more months.

"Penny for your thoughts?" A sweet voice asked making me look up to see Bailey looking down at me with a smile

"Just thinking "I said and she raised a brow

"I figured that much" she teased making me chuckle and watched as she sat beside me

"What are you thinking about?" She quizzed and I hummed leaning back

"How lucky I am" I answered and she raised a brow

"Yeah and why is that?" She questioned

"Because I met this really really amazing person" I answered and she hummed nodding

"How did you meet this amazing person?" She asked with a smile

"Well I first saw her at the hospital when I took my baby sister to get a check up" I commented and she smiled

"And what happened after that?"

"I finally grew some balls as my brother said and asked her on a date" I said and she laughed, it was a sweet sound that had me smiling. The sun was shining brightly behind her making her look like an angel.

"And what did she say?" She asked with a giggle that made me grin

"She said yes" I murmured with a smile and she grinned

"She's a very lucky lady, you're one amazing person" she murmured and I nodded

"You think so?" I questioned

"Mhm" she hummed with a grin

"I think we're both lucky then" I concluded

"I think we are" she agreed before sighing and laying her head on my shoulder. We sat in silence as we watched my family and friends interacting with each other before Papa called us to the big picnic table to eat. As we ate, we made small talk and even cracked some jokes, while getting to know Bailey and her family.

My mother adored her, my father sees her as a daughter already and my siblings love her already. Chris and Sofia had both come home for a few weeks when they heard about Alexa and her prognosis as well as my infatuation with her doctor demanding to meet her. As the day turned to night, we sat by the bun fire telling stories about our childhood and about anything we could come up with before Bailey and her family had to head home.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked as I walked her to her car, Allen and Casey were already sitting inside

"You will" I promised and she nodded before leaning on her tiptoes and kissing my cheek

"Goodnight, Leo" she murmured before getting in

"Goodnight, beautiful" I said and she smiled and then she was gone leaving me standing back to watch her leave.