16

BAILEY

The months after the sentencing went by quickly and before we knew it, it was already September again and Bennett's birthday was coming up. He was born on September 11th since he was brought in that night around 3 in the morning right before I went home. When he was brought in, I decided to stay to look after him before going home later that morning. I've been his care giver ever since then, and now we're his parents and we'll make sure he gets the best life he can have.

A week after the sentencing, we flew to Florida for a much needed break from everything that was going around and that's where I found out the big surprise he was hiding. I had cried like a damn baby and yelled at him at the same time for what he did. Turned out that Leo rented out the whole park for our wedding next June. I was at a loss of words when he took us to the front desk so we could speak with the manager and I had asked why we were there instead of going to the games so Bennett to have some fun.

"We're here to speak to the manager about the rental of the park" he had answered me and I was confused and just nodded until it clicked and I began tearing up and asked to talk outside for a second before I began yelling at him for spending so much money when we were only getting married.

"I want you to feel like the princess that you are so let me spoil you" he replied with a smile and I speechless with tears rolling down my cheeks most likely ruining my makeup by I didn't care at that moment.

Leo may look like he doesn't give two shits about anything and anyone but he's in fact one of the sweetest, most caring man I've ever met and I'm incredibly lucky to have found him when I did because I would be missing out on such an amazing guy like him.

I had the family help me decide on the theme for Bennett's birthday and they all decided on Finding Nemo and I couldn't agree more. So today I went to the store with Amira and Sofia to grab some decorations as well as some plates, cups and anything that related to Finding Nemo.

"Have you thought about having kids of your own?" Amira asked as we looked at the decorations

"Yeah, we talked about it a few times. We're going to wait until Bennett is a bit older before we try to have a baby together" I replied and she nodded

"That's good, but don't wait to long. It would be good if they're close in age so they grow up as friends" she said and I nodded

"She means well" Sofia said and I nodded with a smile as we watched Amira look at decorations of fish and other sea animal.

"I know"

~*~*~*~

September 11th came quicker than expected and the house was filled with loud laughter and children of all ages running around in the yard. It was windy so we decided to have the party inside as to not have everything get blown away.

"Where should we put this?" Chris asked as he and Alex walked in holding a table and I motioned them to put it in the living room since it was the biggest room we had in the house.

"Alright everything is set" Leo said and I smiled

"Why don't we go get Bennett ready as well as ourselves?" I suggested and he nodded so we told our guests to make themselves at home and that we'll be down in a few minutes. The party wasn't for another 1 hour so we had time. The only ones here were Sofia and her family as well as Chris and his family along with Amira, Luca and the twins and Alex.