Sixteen - Finally

This would have been the first two chapters of Splitting Me.

------

Last time you guys saw me I was someone else. Literally. My "name" is Anna Dallas, but not really. I've been hiding all these years, and finally, with the little near death incident, I can be revealed to the world. The person that's been trapped inside all these years. I would like to think that I died, and came back as my real self, but, sadly, "Anna" is just where I have been for the past 16 years. When I have another near death experience, or at least an injury that causes memory loss, she will return. But until then, Anna Dallas is gone. Consider her a figment of yours, and my, imagination, and I've just been pretending to be her. But, let's be real, anything Anna did that was remotely interesting, was because of me.

On another topic, do you know how uncomfortable it is to feel like you have two brains? It sucks! For the past 16 years I've been trying to put my brain in front. But Anna's has always been too strong. But Anna's brain is currently weak, if that makes sense. Anna has minor amnesia. The best part about this whole thing, is that Anna can't influence me like I influenced her because of the amnesia. That's when I finally got my chance. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Emilee.

Today is my first day home from the hospital. It's been about two months. So far, I haven't told anyone. They all think I'm sweet, innocent Anna. Hate to break it to you, but there ain't anything sweet or innocent about me.

I walk into the large house and am almost immediately engulfed in smiles and hugs. I see Caitlyn and walk to her, "Hey Caity Cat," I smirk.

Caitlyn is one of the few people outside of my family that know about my "diagnosis." This isn't really new mind you, I have been diagnosed with DID since I was very young. I understand that, "I'm not supposed to be here," or whatever it is they told my parents. But... is it me that's not supposed to be here, or Anna?

"Emilee?" She questions.

I smirk, "do we have any better clothes around here? I haven't actually gotten to see this town yet."

She thinks for a moment then starts motioning behind me, "I know someone who might be able to help you, but first you might want to deal with your boyfriend."

Ah yes. Mario Tomas Selman. The only thing standing between me, and freedom. But I gotta say, I've grown fond of this kid. Also, anything that Anna did that he liked, was probably under the influence of me, so, he's probably, actually, in love with me and not Anna.

"Anna!" The boy says cheerfully running up and engulfing me in a hug, "I'm so happy to see you! I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to visit you lately. They kind of banned me from seeing you, but all that's going to change now. We're going to be together for the rest of our lives, and I will cherish every second."

Did this kid just poor his heart out to me?

"Awe, Mario, you look as good as the day I met you."

"Thanks," he said smiling.

"But... you should know..." I said "sadly."

"What?" he said worriedly.

"You should know not to call me that."

"Call you what?" he said confused.

"Anna," I stated simply.

"And why is that?" he said still confused.

"Because," I smirked, "I'm not Anna."

------

New characters next chapter.