Five - Date Night

A N N A

After about an hour of getting ready, Caitlyn and I went to Starbucks. We texted the guys what drinks we wanted on the way there, so that they could get them for us. They're so sweet. While we were in the car, Caitlyn was really jumpy, like she was nervous. "Dude. You good?" I whispered to her.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine," she stuttered. I gave her the oh really? look, and she sighed in defeat. "Okay... I'm nervous... I've never been on a real date before..."

I patted her shoulder, "everything is going to be fine, trust me. It's Mario and Jovani. What could go wrong?" I reasoned.

"You're right. They're total goofballs. If anyone messes up, it'll be them," she replied.

"That's my girl," I said, punching her arms lightly.

~

When we got to Starbucks, the guys were sitting at a little table waiting for us.

"Annabella! Caitlyn!" Mario said happily.

"Mario! Only my brother gets to call me that!" I snapped.

His face went white.

I smiled, "but... just for you, I'll make an exception," I said swaying side to side, and holding my hands in fist.

~

The four of us sat at a table and talked for like an hour. We talked about things that each of us liked, and got to know each other better, and I can honestly say that I like Mario even more now. He's so sweet and dorky, and I love it! Caitlyn seems to be pretty into Jovani too. Sometimes they'll be in the middle of a conversation, and just stop and stare at each other. This makes Mario and I laugh uncontrollably.

~

After Starbucks, we decided to go take a walk on the beach. It was such a beautiful day. Mario took my hand and swung our hands back and forth. He started to pull me along faster, so I took a quick picture of him and I's hands.

"Mario, slow down," I wined

"No, I want to show you something!" He said speeding up. We were running now. He then quickly stopped and pointed to... A TURTLE NEST!

Little baby sea turtles began hatching out of little eggs and crawling towards the ocean:

We watched them emerge and waddle into every last one was in the water and swimming off to find their way in the world

I was staring at the beautiful ocean, taking in this perfect evening. And just when I thought things couldn't get better, Mario taps me on the shoulder, "Anna... I got you something." He pulls out a box and inside is the cutest necklace I've ever seen:

" He pulls out a box and inside is the cutest necklace I've ever seen:

"I thought that this would be perfect," he told me.

"M-Mario, I love it," I said smiling.

"Do you want me to put it on you?" He asked.

"Yes," I answered. He put the necklace on me, and it fell perfectly on my chest. "Thank you Mario!" I kissed him, and he picked me up bridal style.

 "Thank you Mario!" I kissed him, and he picked me up bridal style

"Let's go home."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Even though the chapter was really short, I thought it was really cute. I would love it if a guy did this for me. By the way, Mario is the one who said "Let's go home," there was just exactly 500 words so...😆
Anyways, I hope you guys liked it! Make sure to check out my other Mario Selman book "Superstitious."

ILYSM 💗 - Maddie