Fourteen - This Is the Beginning Of the End

Mario's POV

Message to Anna💓Babycakes💋: hey, you've been down there a while, are you okay?

I lock my phone and decide to head down to the lobby. When I get there, I see a medical team in a frantic rush towards the cafeteria. Maybe Anna is there watching what all is going down, I thought.

Next I see police officers running after four teens whose faces are hidden from view. They're soon tackled, handcuffed, and taken into custody. I walk towards the events, I don't see Anna.

I see the medical team once more, they are rolling a gerny over to a girl on the ground. No... it can't be...

I drop everything and run to the scene. There, lying on the floor, is my precious Anna. She has a gunshot wound in her back. Her face is pail and her eyes are shut.

"Anna!!! Anna no! Anna please!!" I scream. I shake her...

nothing.

------

They've been working on her for almost six hours now...

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is here. The doctors are saying that things aren't looking good, but she's been doing better and there's a chance.

"Mario!" I hear Caitlyn call from behind me. She jogged up to me, "is there any news? Will she get better? Will she wake up?"

"She's still in surgery..." I say tears forming in my eyes.

Caitlyn bursts into tears, "why did this happen? She didn't do anything to those awful people!" She said punching the floor. Julian and Jovani came to her side and lifted her off the ground and into a nearby chair.

I start hearing tons of alarms go off. Paramedics start running this way and that. This is happening... the love of my life is dying...