fifteen.

december 26

it's around nine in the morning and the only thing yoongi can conclude from this all at the moment is that he's definitely not cut out for this.

letting out a yawn, he almost flinches as he felt the weight of the empty seat beside him shift. turning to his side, his eyes widened a little upon realizing that it's jinyoung who's sitting beside him. at the backseats.

there's no one in the car yet, except for them. the others are still inside the house, still busy packing. as yoongi didn't have much to bring for his stay at the parks' residence, he didn't have much trouble packing for their stay at the resort.

it's an uncomfortable silence. sort of. jinyoung's on his phone, clearly focused on whatever he's typing down. yoongi lets out a small cough, looking out the window, trying not to let his foot start tapping against the car's floor.

they weren't exactly drowned in a comfortable silence. considering the fact that it didn't take too much time for yoongi to figure out that jinyoung didn't like him. he didn't really know if it was something wrong with yoongi's personality, or the fact that yoongi was 'dating' jinyoung's younger brother. jinyoung could just be protective. or, besides all that, perhaps jinyoung somehow found out about yoongi and jimin's faked relationship. whatever the case, yoongi was certain that jinyoung wasn't pleased with him.

which is why he was simply surprised when jinyoung blurted out,

"i know about your fake relationship." jinyoung said, quiet enough for only the two of them to hear.

is he reading my mind, yoongi bites his lip. "sorry." was all he could say.

"it's fine," yoongi could see jinyoung shrug a bit from the corner of his eye. "don't tell mom, i guess. although, i have to ask... why?"

yoongi sighed. "i don't know. mrs. park somehow found out about me being jimin's new boyfriend. i guess jimin just doesn't want to disappoint her, something like that. she's probablyy really happy for him. she found out, the morning after this party, where jimin told me to act as his fake boyfriend. just to make jaebum jealous..."

jinyoung almost flinched at that. "jaebum, you say?"

"yeah." yoongi said.

"well, damn. he might be the reason why mrs. park found out about you."

yoongi stayed quiet. before cursing under his breath, the realization hitting him right in the face. "you're... you're right. shit."

jinyoung chuckled. "don't worry, though. i won't tell mom."

this time, yoongi turned to jinyoung, though the latter was now looking outside the window, closed phone in his hands. yoongi smiled a bit. there was some kind of tone in jinyoung's voice, though he didn't know what.

"thank you." yoongi whispered, looking down at his lap.

jinyoung hummed in response, before the two started to hear footsteps nearby, assuming that the others were finally done packing.

before they were on their way to the resort, jimin ended up sitting with taehyung, both deep in a conversation regarding something yoongi couldn't quite catch. but yoongi didn't mind. as mr. park drove on the road, yoongi couldn't help but be content with the comfortable silence that he shared with none other than park jinyoung.

— — —

"i'm quite offended." yoongi spoke behind jimin, as the latter entered their room. "you don't want to be my roommate during our stay here?"