eleven.

fuck bts, i'm dead bc of wings so i ain't talking shit about that.

yoongi has never directly interacted with im jaebum. he knew of him, but he didn't know him. they had a few classes together last year, but that was pretty much it. yoongi always thought of jaebum as the leader type-- very responsible in his studies, may he add.

it never did cross his mind: the question regarding im jaebum's sexuality. jaebum felt straight whenever yoongi looked at him last year, so now yoongi's pretty much right on that part, sadly. it never did cross his mind either, how jaebum could've been jimin's boyfriend in the past.

they were both so quiet. perhaps yoongi was right in assuming that jimin and jaebum had hidden their relationship from the rest of the campus, excluding their closest friends. yoongi was, at that time of the two's relationship, excluded from that category-- as he and jimin weren't too close before. well, now they are. the realization hit yoongi just at this moment. he never really did ask who jimin's ex boyfriend was.

funny, really. because here he was, in the flesh.

yoongi looked to his side, only to see jimin standing there, devoid of emotion, face slowly going pale with his bottom lip shaking, eyes unsure of where to gaze.

as an instinct, yoongi grabbed jimin's hand, excusing them from mr. park and quickly stepping out of the shop. at this point, yoongi could feel jimin's hand trembling in his. yoongi pulled him to the side of the cafe, placing his hands on the shaking boys' shoulders.

"jimin." yoongi said, firmly, watching as jimin slowly looked up at him with tears threatening to fall from his eyes clouded with fear, sadness and everything in between. "jimin, listen to me. everything's going to be okay." he pulled them closer, planting a small kiss against jimin's forehead and slowly pulling away, hushing the younger one. "it'll be fine."

"what if it won't be?" jimin asked, chewing on his bottom lip, anxiously. "god, yoongi. i don't even know why i'm so worked up about this. but what if i break down in front of him? this whole time, i've been wanting to prove to him that i've moved on. but have i, really?"

yoongi felt a pain sear through his chest upon hearing those last few words. it stung him and he didn't know why.

"do you want to go back?" yoongi suggested, "we can always tell your dad that you're not feeling well. i think he knows."

jimin looked up at him, face in a contemplative state. yoongi stares back, unsure of what the younger was doing. suddenly, jimin's expression changes into an empty one, his small balled fists wiping at his eyes as he fixed his posture.

"i'll be okay," jimin sort of smiled as he said the words, but yoongi saw through it. "this is our goal in the first place, right? operation: make park jimin's ex jealous." he chuckled.

yoongi was about to laugh along, until a frown makes its way up to his face. "jimin," he said, quietly. "you're hurting yourself."

jimin looked up, giving yoongi some sort of look that read, thanks for worrying. "that's okay, yoongi," jimin shrugged slowly, "i've been hurting myself from the very start, anyway. i just didn't know it. trust me. i'll be okay."

yoongi scanned his face for a moment, before letting out a sigh. "okay, but," he grabbed jimin's hands once more, interlocking jimin's and his. "if you ever feel like you can't hold up any longer, make sure to tell me. we'll be here until 5, i just want you to be okay, okay?"